Yahoo email won't setupSupport

Last Updated:

1. SlickRick

SlickRick Well-Known Member

Day 2 with DNA.
    I got Verizon & Gmail setup no problem. But I get a "pin expired" warning when I try to setup Yahoo.
    Anybody seen this? Anyone gotta work around?
    Thanks for the help.

2. red arrow

red arrow Well-Known Member

Use the yahoo mail app from the play store, just download, open and sign in. I've been using it a couple years since my OG Dinc, it has more features than the stock mail app.
    SlickRick likes this.
  3. Waltah

Waltah Member

I had trouble inputting passwords the first few days. After a few days of trying it worked. In one instance, I was just trying the wrong password!
    SlickRick likes this.
  4. marebrus

marebrus New Member

Hi all! I have a problem with e mail on my galaxy s3. since i went to 4.1.1. my yahoo account has naver been refreshed by schedule and i have to refsersh it manualy all the time. I use e-mail app which was there when i bought phone, also i tried with yahoo mail app from the play store but i have the same problem. JB has synchro schedule and i set it up several times, I also did WIPE CACHE and nothing changes.

If anyone had same problem i would appreciate to know how you solved it. Thanks!
  5. Bearcats

Bearcats Well-Known Member

marebrus, you might get a more phone specific response if you post in here:
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  6. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

I never really like the Yahoo app in the market personally.

I always just use the HTC stock app....

I remember you used to have to change pop and server settings to get yahoo to work right on our HTC's but I don't think I had to do that this time. It should just work...

When you go to add an email account are you using the 'pop/imap' account or are you clicking the preconfigured yahoo icon ????

It works way better (IMO) if you add it as a Pop3/imap account
    SlickRick likes this.
  7. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

This might be a yahoo problem really. I've been trying to set up my wife's account on her Note 2 and it won't work either.
  8. red arrow

red arrow Well-Known Member

Is anybody else not receiving notifications after the latest update? It was ok after the major overhaul but after getting the minor update here a couple days ago i'm no longer getting notifications.
  9. WuBoy

WuBoy Well-Known Member

I had problems with yahoo mail on both my my wife's Note 2 and my DNA. I went ahead and installed the yahoo app on both phones. Eventually, yahoo started working in the stock email on my DNA, so I deleted the yahoo app and have been using the stock ever since. It may be a Jellybean issue or it could be something to do with Yahoo in general. They've been making changes to their services lately.
    red arrow likes this.
  10. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

Just this morning i started getting email notifications after about 4 days,but they where for emails i already deleted, so i would say this is a yahoo issue.
    NightAngel79 likes this.