• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

You all know there is no way this phone can possibly

I think the only people that will complain about it will be those who buy into the labels, like 720P, or 8 megapixel and 4G! Let's face it, those are there to sell phones to the blind consumer that believes anything a company advertises. It still a phone, it not going to replace a high quality camera with a good quality sensor vs whatever sensor the could fit into the back of the Evo. The video is clearly compressed due to storage restrictions, it may start as 720p.. but ends up rather grainy due to compression. As for the 4G, set your expectations to a 2 or 3mb dl speed and hopefully it will meet that. It's brand new technology, it will have it's issues, they all do.

Taking a realistic view of it will help not getting upset when you unbox your shiney new toy and realize it's really not as perfect as they (Sprint/HTC) want us all to believe.

I'm buying one, but have a realistic expectation for what it's features can do. :)

Upvote 0
LOL, Just wait until Saturday we will have tons of My Evo is defective or not doing this or that threads. It never ends im afraid.

yup, it never fails, thats why I hope the mods create & sticky a satisfaction poll... because if they don't anyone coming to the forum to research the phone will get the wrong impression... I've seen it happen with all of my past smartphones

Reactions: katmandoo122
Upvote 0
I'm coming from a Touch Diamond (1" screen or so it seems and a stylus....BWAHAHAHA)...if this thing doesn't run out of battery by noon (after an all night charge) or locks up every hour or just shuts down ...it will get high marks from me.

Don't know how many of you have rocked a Diamond but this thing is on my last nerves...last week my kid put it somewhere (wife found it), the sad thing is I didn't care enough about the POS to even look for it. Three days later it turns up.

I was like, I can wait 2 weeks for the Evo, who needs the aggravation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones