• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Your help with ( Mid 8650 Tablet )

f_76

Lurker
Jul 31, 2011
Hi everyone ,,

Last week i have bought ( 7"mid tablet 8650 ) for my wife with the below specifications :
Model Number:VIA8650
Processor Main Frequency:800MHz
Memory Capacity:256MB
Hard Drive Capacity:2G

I have some problems and need your help please :

Microphone Problem :
The mic not working with any voice chat applications like :
Fring : i can hear but they cant hear me
MSN Mercury : send voice clip button ( not active )

I have tested the mic to record voice or record video clip through camera and its working fine !!

Games Problem :
Angry birds : installed but when open it just give blue screen !
pool break : very very slow and balls not appears well in full shape !
Football kicks : not opening at all !
Pottery : install failed

i dono if its flash problem or what !!

some applications problems

Skype: i have tried to install 2 versions and was not able to sign in
first one keeps signing in for hours with no luck to log in
the other give me this msg : Skype has stopped working. Would you like to sign in again or exit Skype

Scydo app : signed in but when make call i dont hear anything and sure they cant hear me

Battery : run out too fast !

Your help please !!
confused.png

Very little you can do about the battery life, sadly. You would have to buy a new much better battery, open your tablet, cut the old batteries out very carefully, and solder new ones in very carefully, then hope it works.

The microphone is an odd problem if it works for other things. Could be the audio is turned down too low for those programs or the tablet may not be fast enough to record both video and audio at the same time. These WM8650 are very limited devices.

Games, only basic games will work on these tablets. Games with incredibly low graphics requirements.

You may get better speed and stability by changing your operating system to HcH'z TechKnow [www.HcH.net.tc] - Login I can't promise anything. It is easy to do, but once you try it, you cannot go back to the default factory firmware easily. You would have to find a copy of that somewhere on the internet which can be impossible for many generic no name tablets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones