• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Zagg Screen protector

xkingofgodzx

Android Enthusiast
May 15, 2010
New York
I have had 2 touch screen phones so far, the voyager and the dare. I have been very very hesitant to purchase these types of screen protectors (ones that you have to get the screen wet to apply). I plan to get the Inc after i get out of college for summer break. I have heard a lot of great things about the Zagg invisishield but am extremely hesitant to get it. i have been really happy with normal screen protectors for my dare (phone im currently using). Any feedback would be appreciated. Good, bad, i would like to know if these are any good or if they ruin the phone because of the water.

I would not recommend Zagg for a touch screen device. Too much orange peel effect and tackiness. Phantom Skinz, Wrapsol or BSE (Best Skins Ever). BSE will give you the best value. Right now the screen protector is selling for $5.99 and the full body for $8 I believe.

The Best Skins Ever (BSE) company looks like the screen protector im going to go with. First of all it is the cheapest i have seen, especially for the whole body kit. Second it is based out of the U.S. which is a plus in many ways (you all know them). Third, i read the about us section and i like that its a small company. They did exactly what i would do if i owned my own company. cut the unrealistic costs of overpricing and keep the prices cheap. Thanks a lot for posting that, it was very helpful.

Upvote 0
The Best Skins Ever (BSE) company looks like the screen protector im going to go with. First of all it is the cheapest i have seen, especially for the whole body kit. Second it is based out of the U.S. which is a plus in many ways (you all know them). Third, i read the about us section and i like that its a small company. They did exactly what i would do if i owned my own company. cut the unrealistic costs of overpricing and keep the prices cheap. Thanks a lot for posting that, it was very helpful.

Sure no problem! You won't be disappointed with BSE, they are a great protector for the price. And like you said, they don't gouge you for marketing and extra fancy packaging. You will receive your protector in a #10 envelope and you're good to go. The packaging ends up in the trash anyways!

Upvote 0
Just to throw in, I got a Zagg and am pretty disappointed in it. On top of that, I got in put on at Best Buy, and am disappointed in that too, as there's a piece of lint trapped in the middle and a lot of smudginess at the upper right. The Zagg does have "orange peeling" that's fairly evident from any angle except straight on. The fit on mine is not great, as there's space on one side of the trackpad and slight overhang on both sides, trapping gunk. Mine also has three horizontal scratches in the upper middle that are very noticeable. I'm thinking of contacting them to see if I can get a replacement because of the scratches. As far as tackiness, it's not always noticeable and doesn't feel any stickier than the unprotected screen.

Upvote 0
Public opinion spreads like wild fire. I've used invisible shields by zagg for my past 3 or 4 touch screen phones. The orange peel effect is grossly overstated. The only time you see it is when your in direct light and it really doesn't matter bc you can't see the screen in direct light anyway. Likewise, the machines is overstated. After 2 days I can't tell that its there and I am currently writing this with swype. Further, I've applied the shields without a problem each and everytime.

In all seriousness it takes a few people throwing out catchy slogans like Orange peel effect and tackiness and everyone believes it.

Lastly, obviously there is no better feel than the stock glass on the screen, so if I'm gonna change it I'm going to use a shield that actually offer protection, unlike some of the other thin ones.

I have no affiliation to zagg, but I am sensitive to swayed public opinion over a few bad reviews, most of it unwarranted.

Upvote 0
I actually had been anxiously waiting for my zagg to come and I received it today and put it on. And I didn't like it at all, nothing specific. The screen felt different but still very usable. I have already taken it off if you couldn't tell from the past tense. Just be careful installing it and you will probably like it. I prefer my phone naked.

Upvote 0
I have been using the invisible shield (Zagg) for a long time now on my razor, Samsung i760, iPods and digital cameras both screen and full body and I have to say the only time I saw the " orange peel" is about a year and a half later on my iPod classics metallic side ... the videos and menus still look great. White is still white no discoloring. I have ordered the invisible shield for my Inc sadly it shipped faster then the unit...

Upvote 0
Public opinion spreads like wild fire. I've used invisible shields by zagg for my past 3 or 4 touch screen phones. The orange peel effect is grossly overstated. The only time you see it is when your in direct light and it really doesn't matter bc you can't see the screen in direct light anyway. Likewise, the machines is overstated. After 2 days I can't tell that its there and I am currently writing this with swype. Further, I've applied the shields without a problem each and everytime.

In all seriousness it takes a few people throwing out catchy slogans like Orange peel effect and tackiness and everyone believes it.

Lastly, obviously there is no better feel than the stock glass on the screen, so if I'm gonna change it I'm going to use a shield that actually offer protection, unlike some of the other thin ones.

I have no affiliation to zagg, but I am sensitive to swayed public opinion over a few bad reviews, most of it unwarranted.

Of course public opinion spreads, how do you think dumb movies like "Paranormal Activity" get so much hype and make so much money? That's life.

In the case of Zagg, the public opinion isn't totally without merit. I have used Zagg's for many years, but haven't in the past year or two. Back then, they were unique and the only kid on the block. Now there are MUCH better alternatives usually at lower prices to boot.

Upvote 0
I have had 2 touch screen phones so far, the voyager and the dare. I have been very very hesitant to purchase these types of screen protectors (ones that you have to get the screen wet to apply). I plan to get the Inc after i get out of college for summer break. I have heard a lot of great things about the Zagg invisishield but am extremely hesitant to get it. i have been really happy with normal screen protectors for my dare (phone im currently using). Any feedback would be appreciated. Good, bad, i would like to know if these are any good or if they ruin the phone because of the water.

I had the InvisibleShield on my phone for a couple of weeks... I removed it because a few air bubbles popped up from having the phone in my pocket. I think that overall it was a pretty decent product, but I installed the PhantomSkinz clear screen protector last week and I like it a lot more. I have also heard good things about Wrapsol and Best Skins Ever... I think that wet application is much easier than dry application because you can actually move the screen protector around to line it up exactly how you want it. Static screen protectors are usually one and done... Also, you don't have to worry about ruining your device... just be fairly careful during installation and give it some extra time to dry if you feel nervous about anything going wrong.

Upvote 0
I've never used a screen protector before as this is my first touchscreen and I was always a fan of having full visual with other phones. So with no experience regarding other options, I bought a Zagg and really like it. I do see a minor amount of orange peel but can't tell unless there's a really bright light source overhead. I think the slight tackiness (I'd call it more non-slip, doesn't seem tacky to me) is an ADVANTAGE, for me at least because my fingers felt like they were slipping while texting on the QWERTY. With the Zagg, my touches feel more constant and on the mark. YMMV.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones