• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE Warp problems

This will bring it back to Factory status

settings,privacy,Factory data reset....

or you may do it this way

1. Turn Phone off
  2. Press and hold Volume up button and the Camera button and then Press and hold Power button till a menu displays with "Android system recovery"
  3. Use the Volume button to scroll up and down and use the Camera button to select (click on).
  4. Scroll down to "Wipe data/factory reset" and click on it.
  5. Scroll down to "Yes -- delete all user data" and click on it.
  6. After "Data wipe complete" click on "reboot system now"

Upvote 0
I got a question for ya, how do you revert back to its stock state??? and try to update your profile and prl. Settings/about phone/system updates.

Being rooted or having a custom ROM will not affect those things your profile is set once you activate the phone if you made a change to your profile thrligh boost then you could update your profile and you told me you 61008 which is the latest prl out you can change your prl by methods mentioned in the all things root section

Upvote 0
Have all these problems been resolved by an update maybe, as this forum just died? I am about to purchase one seeing as my Transform Ultra is hard bricked (rom testing) and would like to know if it is a good phone. Thanks!

Also, wondering if anyone has made a clockworkmod recovery for this phone yet? seeing as there's rom for it I assume it's been done?

Upvote 0
I would go with the warp sequent.And not take the risk of getting one from a bad batch. Now my warp and many others work problem free while others are a headache,for a mere $200.00 the Warp Sequent is the way to go.

I hear ya, however my budget isn't allowing for that right now and I am really tired of using my 8350i BoostBerry. I have found the warp on ebay for $84 refurbished. Shouldn't that maybe be some that were sent in for these problems and recieved updated Hardware maybe to fix the problems? Or am I going to have to just buy another Transform Ultra?

Upvote 0
I hear ya, however my budget isn't allowing for that right now and I am really tired of using my 8350i BoostBerry. I have found the warp on ebay for $84 refurbished. Shouldn't that maybe be some that were sent in for these problems and recieved updated Hardware maybe to fix the problems? Or am I going to have to just buy another Transform Ultra?

They lowered the price a lot. I would suggest this phone if one is on a tight budget. If you dont mind a couple little problems or rooting it to get rid of those.

A lot of people are good without rooting like justtom here but i had quite a few glitches i couldnt stand. But whatever your choice.. I wish you luck.

Upvote 0
there selling them cheap because its the worst phone ever.. when are they going to recall.. i have no clue was root and unroot mean but the bottom line is the phone stinks .. boost wont help so i am open to suggestions.. not trying to wipe everything out and again dont know what 'rooted' means.. please help

You can make it better. Most warp issues are software issues. Except for the headset speaker.

Upvote 0
there selling them cheap because its the worst phone ever.. when are they going to recall.. i have no clue was root and unroot mean but the bottom line is the phone stinks .. boost wont help so i am open to suggestions.. not trying to wipe everything out and again dont know what 'rooted' means.. please help
I never had a problem with mine ever.But your not alone,It was brought to my attention that there is a class action suite filled against zte for the warp. now weather this is true or not I have no idea,maybe one of the members that frequent here claiming to be zte employees can elaborate on that.

Upvote 0
I have to agree with downthemachine, the hardware on this phone is 99% fine except the speaker seems to be low quality.

The issues encountered can be corrected by updating the software, the biggest change that can be made is a new kernel, second biggest is a custom ROM. To do either of those you need to first root your phone, which is as easy as downloading a zip file and installing it through the stock recovery on the phone (if you are on boost mobile, this method does not work for public mobile).

There are also a couple ROMs you can flash that do all of it in one step, just download and install through stock recovery. it will wipe out your data/apps so you will need to set them back up, but it will solve the software issues almost completely making the phone very reliable and enjoyable. I have a ROM called n00b ROM, you can check it out here: http://androidforums.com/boost-mobi...2012-full-version-no-root-needed-install.html

Reactions: stoneykitty
Upvote 0
The only class action I saw about ZTE related to carrier IQ, and and several manufacturers. But, I gotta say, do NOT get a ZTE product. Look, the Warp has been hell for so many people, myself included. I have hated people like Justtom (in theory!) because he has never had problems, and I have had nothing but. Boost won't help, and ZTE is clueless, and many of the phones are just crap. Oh, that big screen looks good, and android is amazing, but the phone constantly shuts down.
I admit, I have a bitter taste about Boost, but I like the rates... so I will be getting an S2 soon. I've said it before, I'll say it again.... I would not have another ZTE product up my rear end if I had room for South America...

Upvote 0
yea ive been havin the same issues fer awhile now from random reboots, to random freezing isses, to while using the stock gps my phone reboots my cell is not rooted i know nothing about that but ive been curious about it fer quite some time now. half the time playin games n it freezes or extremely laggy or just yet again reboots. And from what ive read on these forums you guys seem to know what your talkin about so lol im trully all ears on this. please feel free to give me advice on what to do or any possible fixes to these isses i do like the phone. I just wish this bugs or issuses can be fixed. Ive looked into when the next update is gonna be n i cant find anything about it besides the updates that have already happened...

Upvote 0
The kernal is like the the signals that control your brain. It dictates things like voltages and compatability and the way things will run (not the best explanation i know but its somethin) and rooting your phone and rreplacing your kernal and rom will be the only way to get rid of those irritating factory issues its a very simple process many people on the forum would be willing to help with. Browse the all things root section and see how much beter the phone can be

Reactions: n0ve
Upvote 0
when your talkin about a "kernel" or zip file what do you mean? can you plz explain this? hopefully? i just would like help on this :) thanks

Welcome to the forums pal :). Help is what were here for, as a community. Just to quickly add to what UnknownUser has stated, the "Kernel" of an android operating system is basically the interface layer between your hardware and your software. Here is a wikipedia link for general android operating system information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)
(probably only outside link i'll ever post) ;\

I'd suggest checking out the All Things Root Guide first, link here:
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile-warp-all-things-root/481405-zte-warp-all-things-root-guide-updated-10-2-12-a.html

If you decide to go ahead and root, Here is the simplest method:(MrBoBotized):
http://androidforums.com/boost-mobile-warp-all-things-root/609899-guide-rooting-made-simple-boost-mobile-warp-only.html

Any questions/concerns, don't hesitate to ask, you'll get so many prompt responses your head might spin around ;P

Quick question for you...your having all these issues on a stock warp not rooted?

Reactions: Alsaces Daddy
Upvote 0
so i've been having the same issues with my zte warp as most everyone else, constant reboots, freezing etc. after reading on this forum, i decided to try the n00b ROM. My phone is behaving SOOO much better now. Thanks MrBobo!!!!!

You know, it is always a pleasure to see someone come over and try out my ROM and find the issues were software and not hardware. This phone really isn't a bad piece of hardware, and with the great group of ROMS we have now the software side has been addressed. There are a few exceptions where hardware was to blame, but I think those are fewer and further between than a lot of people believe.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones