• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZV6 V.5 Stock Mod - Debloated - No Gapps

Any way to keep the time in the status bar at all times? I notice it disappears when not in home screen
The only way to do that is to switch your systemui back to the stock one. I did that. You lose tinted status bar and the icons go back to normal (not sure what else you lose). Here is the apk https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz0BB9r1N8cIZEE5dUtYaTFfcGs/view?usp=docslist_api. Put it in system/priv-app and make sure you have the right permissions set (the same as the other apps in that folder). You probably also need to clear the cache's in twrp

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The only way to do that is to switch your systemui back to the stock one. I did that. You lose tinted status bar and the icons go back to normal (not sure what else you lose). Here is the apk https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz0BB9r1N8cIZEE5dUtYaTFfcGs/view?usp=docslist_api. Put it in system/priv-app and make sure you have the right permissions set (the same as the other apps in that folder). You probably also need to clear the cache's in twrp

Yea I have this issue too, was this a intended feature? @Curtis1973 If this was a feature, could you please release a different system ui that contains the theme but a different clock placement?

Upvote 0
Yea I have this issue too, was this a intended feature? @Curtis1973 If this was a feature, could you please release a different system ui that contains the theme but a different clock placement?
Yes it was intended because he tried to take away the need for g2 tweaksbox completely. Thing is that never actually worked out (some things weren't possible without it) so really he could put it back to the default placement. Also @Curtis1973 if you are releasing a different systemui please release one that isn't themed or is themed with material icons. Thanks so much for all your great work
Edit: http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/7200167

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I still own my Volt. No reason not to at least keep doing things from time to time. I can decompile systemui and remove the centering of clock and blank out bar I guess as an alternate. As for retheming to material. Well thats a chore. A lot goes in to changing a large number of png images to become a new ui and also xml that has to match those changes.

Upvote 0
thanks for the answer. i figured it was based on the tweaks listed for it but figured i'd ask anyway. will work on flashing this a bit later today.

oh and before i forget, can i flash this the same way i did the older zv3 rom? was using the LG flash tool from before but all the instructions say to use the twrp method? still reading on what that means and how to do it. figured i could save time and do what i did before if it will still work using the lg flash tool.

Upvote 0
Reactions: andMego
Upvote 0
My phone keeps turning off with the message"High temperature detected. Turning off for your safety" I have this rom . I used to have this problem with stock rom too. Does anyone else have this problem and do they have a solution? I tried the saber pac rom , there was a green tint in camera so I installed this rom. I have no tint now but the phone keeps turning off.

Upvote 0
Can someone guide me on the alarm clock fix? i moved it to the system/priv-app and now i have no app at all... rebooted several times and wiped cache and such...
Did you set the right permissions on it? It should have the same permissions as the other apps in that folder. You can set it's permissions with twrp or with es file explorer.

Upvote 0
My phone keeps turning off with the message"High temperature detected. Turning off for your safety" I have this rom . I used to have this problem with stock rom too. Does anyone else have this problem and do they have a solution? I tried the saber pac rom , there was a green tint in camera so I installed this rom. I have no tint now but the phone keeps turning off.
Is the phone actually hot?

Upvote 0
How would I figure out which app is making a folder on my internal storage? It's called backups, has two folders in it, one is called system and one is called .systemconfig, the system folder has three files in it called .config, .confd-journal, and .confd. The .systemconfig folder has one file in it called .cuid. If I delete the backups folder a few seconds later it comes back. ES file explorer's cleaner thing categorized it as ad junk (yes I know that ES file explorer as a whole is now ad junk). I know it is coming from one of my apps since when I switch ROMs before I restore my apps it doesn't happen. I know I could figure out by manually disabling each app one at a time but wondering if there is a simpler way.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones