• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [1-21-13][ROM] CM10.1 for the evoLTE!!

I flashed the last two deck builds to test them out and on both of them, when I tried to use Titanium Backup, it said it couldn't find the file folder on my external SD card where the titanium information was housed. Anyone know what could be causing this?

I would use My Backup Pro but it only gives me an option to save to the internal SD card, which is pretty useless since I do a data wipe before flashing ROMs.

Upvote 0
I flashed the last two deck builds to test them out and on both of them, when I tried to use Titanium Backup, it said it couldn't find the file folder on my external SD card where the titanium information was housed. Anyone know what could be causing this?
Knows issue that cm10 has some problems with the external card. It handles where it is located strangely

You could try changing the backup folder location within titanium. It should search and find it automatically within that setting
I would use My Backup Pro but it only gives me an option to save to the internal SD card, which is pretty useless since I do a data wipe before flashing ROMs.

Wiping data doesn't wipe the internal card. I keep everything on the internal. Its faster than the external card as well

Upvote 0
Tried My Backup Pro and it has the same problem, says it can't find the backup file.

Also, when I try to set up Switfkey, it tries to take me to the phone settings to enable the Swiftkey keyboard, but I get an error message every time saying that settings has stopped. Even if I go into the settings independently and enable the keyboard and select it as the input, it still won't let me complete the setup process. Really frustrating.

Its an issue with the way cm10/jb handles the SD card location, not the app. Go into tb settings and show it where to find the backup files. Or just move the backups to the internal SD card.

Also, swift key will make settings FC. But I just enabled it through the normal settings menu and not from within the app. Make sure to manually select it as the default input. I'm typing this from swiftkey now so I know it works

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Hey guys,
Please excuse this noob question, but I just rooted my phone for the first time and loaded up CM10 (9-6-2012 build).

For some reason, there are no google apps on here, and no google play store to download them. I actually don't even know how to sync my google account for my contacts and whatnot. Did something go wrong on my flash, or is there a setting that I'm overlooking? Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
Hey guys,
Please excuse this noob question, but I just rooted my phone for the first time and loaded up CM10 (9-6-2012 build).

For some reason, there are no google apps on here, and no google play store to download them. I actually don't even know how to sync my google account for my contacts and whatnot. Did something go wrong on my flash, or is there a setting that I'm overlooking? Please help!

Thanks in advance.

you will need to flash the gapps (google apps) file as well:

it is found in the op: [9-6-12][ROM] CM10 for the evoLTE! - xda-developers

edit: cm's rom will always have gapps separate to flash.

Upvote 0
Ohhh. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the quick reply!

EDIT: Worked like a charm!

nice going forward with most aosp roms you might have to flash gapps separately. some might have cooked it in.

why does cyanogen mod have gapps seperately, you ask? well way back when android was in its infancy the cm team were one of the first to start building roms from android's source code. google initally did not like this so they sent a cease and desist (c&d) letters to them. they eventually came to terms with google and agreed to make the proprietary apps from google a flashable file to be flashed after flashing the rom.

now i'm sure by now google is fine with it, but the cm team probably does not want to chance it.

just read the op and when you see gapps listed then you will most likely need to flash it as well.

Upvote 0
I believe its the second one

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347525584225.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347525584225.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 86
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones