• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 15$ htc battery doubled my battery life

Looks like eBay took down that link... I found some that matched that description from a seller named bestserver88... is that who you bought it from?

2x NEW 1500MAH BATTERY+CHARGER FOR HTC droid incredible - eBay (item 380269680831 end time Oct-15-10 17:08:36 PDT)

Yep - that's the seller. The only difference is your auction says they are actually for the Incredible, while the ones I bought were advertised for the Eris. Other than that, they look exactly the same. But they are NOT HTC OEM batteries, even though that picture on the auction you posted shows an HTC logo on one of them.

Upvote 0
I will post my Battery Left info in the morning once I charge up again. But as I recall, I've never seen my battery life at more than 10 hours on there. But I am a "power user." I use Caffeine first thing in the morning to listen to iHeartRadio while getting ready for about 30 minutes, surf 30min. 2x/day over 3G during breaks at work, use the GPS at least once a day (but turn it off when not in use), and use Y5 to connect to my Wifi when I get home. I also use the XMBC remote quite a bit every evening to control my AppleTV (w/XBMC/Boxee).

Upvote 0
Oh ok, thanks. So how are you showing 30+ hours on Battery Left?? Mine shows 16 hours when fully charged!
Prior to doing some calibrating I was seeing around 20 hours.

What I did was:

1) Fully charged powered up over night
2) Left the charger attached
3) Rebooted into recovery and wiped the battery stats
4) Booted to phone and re-calibrated in Battery Left
5) Unplugged the cable and used the phone
6) Just put it on the charger overnight every night

The stats just kept getting better

I am now at 9.5 hours off the charger and have 56% battery with 18.12 hours time left and 32 hours as Full Battery Life in Battery Left summary screen (see screenshot)

Attachments

• BatteryLeft.png
    BatteryLeft.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
Prior to doing some calibrating I was seeing around 20 hours.

What I did was:

1) Fully charged powered up over night
2) Left the charger attached
5) Unplugged the cable and used the phone
6) Just put it on the charger overnight every night

The stats just kept getting better

I am now at 9.5 hours off the charger and have 56% battery with 18.12 hours time left and 32 hours as Full Battery Life in Battery Left summary screen (see screenshot)
WOW!!! That sounds like a headache..LOL!

I only did what their website told me to do..Charged it full, then used it as normal until it ran down to red, and charged it back up again..Who knows. I just feel like, as of right now (which is day 2) I don't really see much of a difference between this battery and the stock.

Upvote 0
WOW!!! That sounds like a headache..LOL!

I only did what their website told me to do..Charged it full, then used it as normal until it ran down to red, and charged it back up again..Who knows. I just feel like, as of right now (which is day 2) I don't really see much of a difference between this battery and the stock.

I felt the same way after the first 2 days then did what I listed above.

Since I slept while it was charging the wipe of battery stats and recalibrating with Battery Left took less than 10 minutes one morning. It only needs to be done once.

I did this about 4 days ago and now only charge it over night like normal. I do believe it does take a couple of days to see the benefits.

Upvote 0
What exactly is this??
This too?? LOL

Since I slept while it was charging the wipe of battery stats and recalibrating with Battery Left took less than 10 minutes one morning.
??
I did this about 4 days ago and now only charge it over night like normal. I do believe it does take a couple of days to see the benefits.
Do u think I will see the benefits without doing what u did and just doing what I already did??

Upvote 0
Do u think I will see the benefits without doing what u did and just doing what I already did??

If you had to ask about recovery you must not be rooted so you can't do that part since it is the tool that is installed when rooting.

If you install Battery Left from the market you can do the Battery Left calibration from the menu.

Since the wipe of the battery stats is probably the least significant part I think you can get the best out of the battery.

So, charge it fully then start the recalibration in the Battery Left menu while it is still plugged in then remove the charger and use the phone. Then just charge it every night while you sleep.

By the way I don't use a task killer since I see no benefit from them. I say that because I believe they drain more battery than they save.

I also keep WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS off unless I am using them.

Upvote 0
Just thought i'd give an update. Day 3 of using this battery and day 1 of doing the above, plus bump charging...I have been off charge for about 5 hours. I have listened to mp3's while at the gym for 1 hour, have done some fb and twittering and I'm in the yellow already!!! And, the majority of the time, about 3 hours of it, I've been on WiFi, which SHOULD be helping.

Nils, too bad I wont be able to ONLY charge overnight bc this baby is gonna die soon and its only 430pm! :( Figures I would be the one to get this battery and see absolutely no improvement..

Upvote 0
Just thought i'd give an update. Day 3 of using this battery and day 1 of doing the above, plus bump charging...I have been off charge for about 5 hours. I have listened to mp3's while at the gym for 1 hour, have done some fb and twittering and I'm in the yellow already!!! And, the majority of the time, about 3 hours of it, I've been on WiFi, which SHOULD be helping.

Nils, too bad I wont be able to ONLY charge overnight bc this baby is gonna die soon and its only 430pm! :( Figures I would be the one to get this battery and see absolutely no improvement..

How is your signal? Do you have excessive time without signal? Either that or something you have installed is not allowing you device to sleep because that is terrible battery life with any battery.

Upvote 0
How is your signal? Do you have excessive time without signal? Either that or something you have installed is not allowing you device to sleep because that is terrible battery life with any battery.
My WiFi is GREAT...I'm in my house so practically sitting on the router..LOL..I've looked into the "not allowing my phone to sleep" by powering it off then back on and then pressing the power button and leaving it off for about a 1/2 hour and checking the up time and awake time and they UP TIME is usually accurate and AWAKE time is off by a little, but not much...

What else can I do?? This is really terrible.

Upvote 0
Well, today it seems the battery life of this new battery sucks. It only showed 8:38 as the full life of the battery - which is less than the 10-something I had with the 1300mAh original battery.

I've let it completely run out of charge and am recharging now. We'll see if it changes tomorrow - but so far, things are NOT looking good.

Upvote 0
My WiFi is GREAT...I'm in my house so practically sitting on the router..LOL..I've looked into the "not allowing my phone to sleep" by powering it off then back on and then pressing the power button and leaving it off for about a 1/2 hour and checking the up time and awake time and they UP TIME is usually accurate and AWAKE time is off by a little, but not much...

What else can I do?? This is really terrible.

I was interested more in the Verizon signal where you live/work.

Well, today it seems the battery life of this new battery sucks. It only showed 8:38 as the full life of the battery - which is less than the 10-something I had with the 1300mAh original battery.

I've let it completely run out of charge and am recharging now. We'll see if it changes tomorrow - but so far, things are NOT looking good.

Interesting results. My 1500 has been so good that I assumed my stock 1300 must have been defective. Wonder what gives?

Upvote 0
Ok, really....i'm about to just give up on this phone bc this is just ridiculous. I've never used a battery widget before bc I don't want to be staring at it all day, but decided to try out Battery Left. I recalibrated this morning and now did a FULL charge..It's telling me my full charge time is 5:22..How is this even possible??!!! How accurate is that bc this "new battery" was supposed to give me MUCH better life, not worse!

Upvote 0
Ok, really....i'm about to just give up on this phone bc this is just ridiculous. I've never used a battery widget before bc I don't want to be staring at it all day, but decided to try out Battery Left. I recalibrated this morning and now did a FULL charge..It's telling me my full charge time is 5:22..How is this even possible??!!! How accurate is that bc this "new battery" was supposed to give me MUCH better life, not worse!

Well, after charging overnight from completely dead, Battery Left now says the full battery life on this NEW battery is 7:03. 7:03!!!????

Obviously, there is a problem. Going back to the stock battery that I charged in a wall charger to check it against this one again.

It takes a couple of days for Battery Left to come up with good numbers. Just start over. Give it a full charge then go into BL settings and recalibrate. Give it time to settle in and don't worry about the numbers the first day

Upvote 0
Well I'm not that impressed with my battery, perhaps I need a full charge/discharge cycle to get the battery up to par? I unplugged at about 7:30am and used it like I usually do, and now I only have 30% left...which seems just slightly better than my stock battery.

I agree. I'm pretty disappointed. With my stock battery, I use the crap out of my phone and it was getting me to quitting time at 5:00, about 35%, then I plug in the car charger.

With the new battery, I was expecting it be be showing 60% or more at 5pm, and it's still in the low 40%. I'm pretty unimpressed. What the hell?

Upvote 0
It takes a couple of days for Battery Left to come up with good numbers. Just start over. Give it a full charge then go into BL settings and recalibrate. Give it time to settle in and don't worry about the numbers the first day
I hear you but how many times should i "start over" bc this is my 2nd time??

And by the way, I'm at my 4th full charge and Battery Left is telling me a wopping 5 hours and 43 minutes..Nice, eh?? :(

Upvote 0
I don't get it guys... the one I got from OEM Spot gives me a full day of use, generally 20 minutes of talk, 50-75 sms, about 1 hour of 3g web and gmail heavy sync and end up with 35% left 24 hours later. I do NOT use Farcebook or many other push apps that will suck up power and I have GPS on all of the time. I am rooted and using Jager or Virtuous ROMs with my phone overclocked, but set to drop drastically when the screen is off and I'm using the King Kernel "Charge it up" (I don't remember what version that is...)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones