• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 152 Error - Desire

I appreciate your help SUroot. After trying every recovery version I could find and various images it seems as though it's a paper weight.

My last option is to have the store send it away for repair and take my chances that they will wipe and reload. I don't see why they can't, I'm sure it will take them all of a few minutes. The amount of labor to insert a USB and click a couple of times is minimal. :D

Anyway, I prepared for the reality that they'll just want to buy a new phone.

Upvote 0
try flashing a radio image from android flasher

if android flasher is flashing stuff that fastboot also works

Thanks Rastaman, I'll try flashing a radio when I get home.

So far, everything that I have flashed via Android Flasher is temporary. Eg; I'll flash CWM 3.0.0.5 and as soon as I reboot I get the black screen.

Upvote 0

It was money I didn't want to spend but, it had to be done. I could not remove the name of the custom hboot so if I sent it off it would have come back without any work done on it. It was a 2 to 8 week wait time as well according to the rep. I talked too.

I told the rep. exactly what I did so I didn't waste their time or mine. After all, it was my fault that the phone was in the state it was in. I'm pathetic at lying so I don't even bother, lol.

I really appreciate the help SUroot, you and others have given me when I needed it. I love this forum, everyone is down to earth here. For now I'll hang in the Computer section and help when I can. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones