• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 1800mAh Battery + Dock Charger for Sprint HTC Evo 4G

HTC EVO 4G BATTERY 1800+Dock USB CHGR SPRINT TOUCH PRO2 - eBay (item 320565300877 end time Jul-29-10 10:48:35 PDT)

This is what I bought.

I think I would rather have this one since he is in the US. Guess I am just weird like that. lol Thanks for sharing this one. I hope it will make my phone last longer.

Upvote 0
I got one of these deals about a month ago. Came with two batteries and the same charger that is listed in all the other auctions. One of the batteries was DOA and it wasn't really worth the effort to fight it.

The one that does work is okay...I do worry about using it though. Afraid it may blow up or something cause it's so cheap. Decent backup to carry just in case, but I don't use it all the time.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Got mine yesterday too. I've been playing in FroYo land so I haven't done much other than charge them up.

Here is the specific kit I have. This link shouldn't expire

HTC EVO 4G SPRINT HERO 2x1800 mAh Battery Dock USB items - Get great deals on items on eBay.com!

The build quality of the charger is really poor. Not falling apart or anything, just cheap materials. The charger does work and the charge indicator light is kinda nice. I've topped off the stock HTC battery and the Seidio "3500 mAh" with it. The Evo shows them at 100% when I put them back in, so I'm guessing this is a good sign.

The batteries have rounded sides instead of the squared shape of the stock EVO battery. This makes them a little off-putting when removing them. You can get it our with your fingers, but I just pop the phone into my palm to take them out.

I don't have a scale, but the batteries feel a bit heaver than the stock one. This would be expected if these things are really 1800 mAh.

As for life, they work and I'm seeing longer life, but like I said earlier I've been dorking around with FroYo. I'm not sure which is helping.

The increased life isn't anything groundbreaking, but I'm almost comfortable enough to say they perform as well as the stock batteries.

If this holds true, this is a good deal. Two batteries and a charger for $30 shipped is really decent.

That said, I didn't think the battery purchase through too well. I carry my phone in my front pocket and these little cells store a bunch of energy. If the manufacturer cut corners, as many no-brand Chinese companies do, I'm not terribly sure I'd want a potential explosion that close to my man-junk.

I'll be watching the batteries very closely :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones