• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

1st week with S7. Question on BT and Music

JCUMV

Jan 17, 2010
Hello,
I'm finishing my first week with my S7. Came from the iPhone 5s, which I was on for almost 3 years. Before that, a Droid Incredible for 3 years. So happy to be back on Android. So far, everything is going great and I'm really enjoying the phone. The only significant issue I've run into so far is that I'm having trouble with the Bluetooth connection in my 2006 Acura TL. My Droid Inc and iPhone 5 connected fine, so I'm thinking there's something wrong with the S7. It connected up fine, and it receives phone calls fine with my being able to answer the phone from the steering wheel buttons. But when making an outbound phone call it won't connect. If I dial a # and listen to the phone device, it's silent...but nothing is coming from the car speakers. I've tried hitting the Bluetooth button on the phone, but it's not helping. Was hoping somebody here might have some ideas.

The other thing I'm trying to get setup is a family music sharing infrastructure. the only thing I like about iOS is the iTunes structure where my wife and kids could download or stream any of the music I bought on itunes. Now, I'm not talking about Apple music where it's a streaming service, or the Google Streaming Service. I'm talking about if I bought a song on itunes or Google Play, my family would have the ability to download it and have it on their devices too. The guy at the Verizon store said this existing in Google Play Music. Was he wrong?

Thanks!

Play music works the same way (same account used on multiple devices will allow play music to work on all devices - with all music purchased by that account).
Note that using the same account on multiple devices means everything (including Email/ drive/ docs/ contacts/ calendar/ android device manager/youtube/Chrome settings & browser history etc) will be visible on all devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones