• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.1 Leak Root or rollback status?

Whats with the sarcasm and attitude. If working on the phone and talking with the community isn't what you want to be doing then stop.

But if you enjoy what your doing maybe change your attitude a little and be grateful another person wants to hang with the devs and learn some new things. Couldn't hurt having another set of eyes looking at the work in front of you.

Taking a shot at my grammar is a typical forum troll move. You start an argument the person replies and gets you angry and you pick apart their grammar in their post to feel all warm and squishy inside.

Good luck with the phone you obviously wouldn't like any help.

I'm done, I no longer have a rooted device, mine is dead. I'll release the 3D patch in about an hour, with a whole new license agreement for the people who don't understand, and for the sites that don't want to give credit for the hard work of others.

Upvote 0
I'm done, I no longer have a rooted device, mine is dead. I'll release the 3D patch in about an hour, with a whole new license agreement for the people who don't understand, and for the sites that don't want to give credit for the hard work of others.

Thanks for your hard work. I guess whatever new device you get is what I will be getting. :) I just hope its still an Android phone. Best of luck in your future creations and thanks for all your hard work on the Eris to date.

God speed.

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to sound rude, disrespectful or trolling but it seems that the developers that put forth the effort into getting the leaked 2.1 o/s out before the official release date would have had the common sense to put forth the little extra effort into ensuring that the leaked version would have had root access included. Am I missing something here?
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any effort by anyone to defy the already inflexible rules of the cell phone carriers. I just figured this leak would have been something to include root access.

Upvote 0
I'm not trying to sound rude, disrespectful or trolling but it seems that the developers that put forth the effort into getting the leaked 2.1 o/s out before the official release date would have had the common sense to put forth the little extra effort into ensuring that the leaked version would have had root access included. Am I missing something here?
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate any effort by anyone to defy the already inflexible rules of the cell phone carriers. I just figured this leak would have been something to include root access.

HAHAH. Are you serious? First off, dont ever expect help on this forum with an attitude like that. You act like they arent trying. Have you tried? Im pretty sure you have not. You are just a kid that is pissed he has a leak and jealous of all the things us rooted people can do. So you know what, I got root and you dont. I can do so much more than you. Are you jealous? Is that pissing you off? Say what you want after this post, but I will never respond to another post/question/thread you post on.

Acidbath, see, its users like this that are f'in up this board. I dont even dev and I am now thinking of leaving this board.

Upvote 0
HAHAH. Are you serious? First off, dont ever expect help on this forum with an attitude like that. You act like they arent trying. Have you tried? Im pretty sure you have not. You are just a kid that is pissed he has a leak and jealous of all the things us rooted people can do. So you know what, I got root and you dont. I can do so much more than you. Are you jealous? Is that pissing you off? Say what you want after this post, but I will never respond to another post/question/thread you post on.

Acidbath, see, its users like this that are f'in up this board. I dont even dev and I am now thinking of leaving this board.

It's users like that that turned me into an observer. Don't leave, just keep observing. I think the dev's are working their tails off to get root for all of our Eris', so give 'em a little respect!

rodney-dangerfield-quotes.jpg

Upvote 0

First of all you should have known what you were getting yourself into when doing the leaked update. Its been stated many times that its your own fault. Secondly i don't see where anyone stated the leaked update had root access. And third if you weren't in such a hurry to apply the update and just waited a couple extra days you would have had all the info you needed to root your phone. The leaked version is for those who don't want root access to their phone, they don't need the extras that some of us others like to have. You have no room for complaining here, you knew what the risks were before flashing the update, but you went ahead with it anyway.

Upvote 0
This issue has nothing to do with the devs. There are many good devs working on a solution but these types of questions do nothing but work against the whole process.

Upvote 0

the devs didnt even release the 2.1 leaks.
it was originally some chinese dud who couldnt speak english- definitely not dev material- and v2 was leaked by a dude at verizon.
and the devs DID root the leak right away....within a day or two i believe.
quit trippin dude. we already lost a good dev...miss you jcase...and we dont need snarly comments like this pushing others to leave, making the wait for the root even longer. your idiotic posts are completely counter-productive.

Reactions: jcase
Upvote 0
DAMNIT!!!

I'm about as impatient as it gets when it comes to this update/new rom stuff. I flashed my winmo phones twice a week. I got my eris on ebay and didnt do any research, just pushed the leak on and then realized i was screwed...

Point being - I'm not in here bitchin and complaining. This elementary school back and forth arguing is retarted. Every day I come to the forums hoping the devs have done the impossible(sometimes they really do pull off impossible stuff) just to find
a)another thread asking if you can root 2.1 leak
b)another post asking when the update is coming
c)another dipshit posting some crap to provoke the devs, followed by 93 posts bitchin at the dipshit

Seriously, isnt there some higher power that can remove the retarted, ungreatful, impatient nobodys that post this stuff?

I for one would like to have my leaked eris rooted. At the rate this is going, all we are going to get is more pissed off devs.

Now, devs, be cool, you know what your doing. dont let these douches take away from the hard work youve done and are doing every day to make tons of people enjoy their phones a million times more than they ever could without you. I know I would just get a regular phone if it wasnt for you guys.

Upvote 0
Lookin around the forum, looks like the new thing is threads of people bitching at people bitching. It really never ends.

Stay tuned for threads about people starting threads about people bitching.

I've raised this issue myself with the hopes of getting something done about it. Hopefully we can clean things up a little around here.

Upvote 0
Well its gotten to the point that decent members of the forum are starting threads. Im no long time member or anything, but if non trouble makers and serious forum members are starting to make threads about it, seems like its time to do something. Most are people just pleading with others to show some respect. So if reporting is what we need to be doing, then Im in.

Upvote 0
Well its gotten to the point that decent members of the forum are starting threads. Im no long time member or anything, but if non trouble makers and serious forum members are starting to make threads about it, seems like its time to do something. Most are people just pleading with others to show some respect. So if reporting is what we need to be doing, then Im in.

Its definitely a good first step. Reporting identifies repeat offenders.

Upvote 0
This phone will never be rooted or rolled back if you have already upgraded you need to come to terms with this and these forums would be a much brighter place. I use to check up feverishly everyday for the root only to jump the gun and update to 2.1 im fine with this now sure I cant get the cool custom roms but meh most of them arent that exciting anyways. If you want an amazing phone with root get a droid or nexus one so many high quality roms you will never see for the eris.

I say barring the kid that hacked the iphone first and the ps3 no one else will be able to do this maybe someone can send him an eris and request him to work his magic.

Upvote 0
This phone will never be rooted or rolled back if you have already upgraded you need to come to terms with this and these forums would be a much brighter place. I use to check up feverishly everyday for the root only to jump the gun and update to 2.1 im fine with this now sure I cant get the cool custom roms but meh most of them arent that exciting anyways. If you want an amazing phone with root get a droid or nexus one so many high quality roms you will never see for the eris.

I say barring the kid that hacked the iphone first and the ps3 no one else will be able to do this maybe someone can send him an eris and request him to work his magic.

Is this a
A) Jjoke
B) Troll
C) Misguided Seriousness
or
D) A Challenge?

Upvote 0
I'd say a challenge. Seems incredible that this little phone, the Eris, is so much more difficult to root than so many other Android devices. Why in the world did they lock this thing up so tight when they hardly spent a thing advertising it? I would have thought the Droid would be the harder one to root.

On the other side, 1.5 is rooted. Unfortunately, a good chunk of those who even know what rooting is had updated to the leaked version before 1.5 was rooted. So, technically it is already rooted. Just not in a manner that helps a good chunk of the more savvy Eris owners.

Upvote 0

This is the crap im talkin about, joins today to say something like that....I swear. It might take a while, but if it is actually possible, these guys can do it. I came from a long line of winmo phones that didnt do anything right until dev got a hold of it. Microsoft and HTC have both said that without communities like these their products would suck and they depend on devs fixing their bugs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones