• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 OTA Beginning 5/11/2010

Advise me PLEASE! Gave up on my Eris 1.5 a week ago. But i loved it minus all the bugs. I reactivated it for the 1st few days of the update to see if id get it but hadnt as of yest afternoon so i switched back to my new phone. Its like a "train wreck"... im compelled to keep reactivating it to see if its updated but its so frustrating to use with all the bugs so then i switch back again! Any new info out there on timing of everyone getting it? Why does this update craze have me so worked up??!!

Upvote 0
Advise me PLEASE! Gave up on my Eris 1.5 a week ago. But i loved it minus all the bugs. I reactivated it for the 1st few days of the update to see if id get it but hadnt as of yest afternoon so i switched back to my new phone. Its like a "train wreck"... im compelled to keep reactivating it to see if its updated but its so frustrating to use with all the bugs so then i switch back again! Any new info out there on timing of everyone getting it? Why does this update craze have me so worked up??!!

It's staggered over two weeks. It started on ~11th, so I'd say the 25th, or thereabouts. Also, you may want to keep it on for a few days so that it'll catch the update when it's pushed, don't just turn it on and look. Give it a chance to 'phone home.'

Upvote 0

The Eris is a great phone, but some people have just had bad luck with flawed phones. I'd suggest that if you really love it, have Verizon give you a new one and see how it goes. If something really is wrong they will replace it.

Upvote 0
pretty funny all the weeping and gnashing of teeth about capturing the url with logcat and now we cant use it....

I just got done posting, right after you, but in th thread about logging it, someone did warn everyone that would be the case.
The next crisis in here is going to be everying freaking out when they suddenly find this out.

Upvote 0
Just want to say Gratz to the person that finally snagged that nasty lil Logcat file.i thought i was going to be waiting the 2 week span that they were talking about,after My nephew and his wife recieving it the first day and getting it rubbed in my face every day........i would get a text at 6am every morning being asked if i got it and they got it nanananana:mad:.not sure i could take that for 2 weeks :(.....so again thank you lol

Upvote 0
wiat.....what ......why cant we use it ?

There will be a new thread started shortly.
The URL came out very early this morning, and it took a while for anyone to figure out how to use it. It wasnt the same process as flashing the leaks. It looks like in the last few minutes someone figured it out.
There will be a new thread popping up shortly with instructions.

Reactions: ErisKlown
Upvote 0
I'm just gonna wait and see what happens between now and Monday (the rep at my local VZ store said he thought most updates would come through by then)... I haven't had 2.1 all this time (and I don't trust myself to correctly do the 2.1v3) a few more days won't hurt...

...if you think about it we've already (just about) completed one of our 'two weeks' wait time given by VZ so that's a plus... :)

Upvote 0

Just keep your other phone activated, and after 2 weeks is up... 5/25... reactivate the Eris and you'll be prompted with the update. No reason to keep going back and forth, just be patient.

Upvote 0
Long time lurker, first time poster. At work, just got 2.1 @ ~9:15am EDT.

Was running 1.5.
Bought phone in January 2010.

About phone -- software info:
Firmware: 2.1
Baseband: 2.42.00.04.12
Kernel: 2.6.29-8a03cb9a htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build #: 2.36.605.1 CL165907 release keys
Software #: 2.36.605.1
PRI: 2.11_002
PRL: 51716
ERI: 5

At work, so trying to find time to play with/customize everything.

W00t!

Upvote 0
Long time lurker, first time poster. At work, just got 2.1 @ ~9:15am EDT.

Was running 1.5.
Bought phone in January 2010.

About phone -- software info:
Firmware: 2.1
Baseband: 2.42.00.04.12
Kernel: 2.6.29-8a03cb9a htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build #: 2.36.605.1 CL165907 release keys
Software #: 2.36.605.1
PRI: 2.11_002
PRL: 51716
ERI: 5

At work, so trying to find time to play with/customize everything.

W00t!

same stats as the 2.1v3 leak.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones