• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 Release Day! Post Here If You Got It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's true that they did cancel the OTA ...

Don't intend to be rude but I really want to say....

FxxK YOU Motorola ! :mad:
FxxK YOU Verizon ! :mad::mad:

Screw your precious and bug-less 2.1 OTA update , I will list my DROID to ebay and switch to Nexus One at the first minute when it's available.

Forgive my language but I am furious and this is the 2nd time they fool us around !!:mad::mad::mad:

I will NEVER NEVER trust their words ever EVER again !

Welcome to the forum. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Thank you and sorry to say the "F" word in my vary first post . :(

haha, Hey everybody my name is so and so and first I want to say a big F U to Motorola! Oh and F Vzw too!

We feel the pain although I am no longer waiting for 2.1, the delays and the fact that I already have everything in the Droidmod Rom kinda makes me yawn at the thought of the 2.1 update. Maybe 2.2 I will get more excited.

Upvote 0
A tipster is pointing the finger at Bitfone who actually manages the distribution of the updates for Motorola. We have seen problems with other OTA updates from Motorola (CLIQs to BRIQs) so this really isn’t that surprising. We wish Motorola and Verizon the best of luck, and hope this OTA goes out without issue.
From our anonymous tipster: “Not sure if you’ve heard, but the real reason for the latest delay on the Android 2.1 update for Droid phones is due to Motorola’s distribution vendor (Bitfone- now owned by HP). They are having capacity problems with a) the Bitfone application that distributes the updates and b) capacity issues with the current network infrastructure that hosts this application. I spoke to one of the engineers personally and they mentioned that Motorola reps have been “bugging them all day” because of the 3/18 commitment date.”

Upvote 0
Can you imagine HOW many people are at their computers like so:

6rqxwg.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

lmao!! classic!!

Upvote 0
everyone involved in this simply sucks at life. how are you gonna tell thousands of people that you're gonna do something and at the last minute say, oops we can't really do that. bastards.
how about this, on 3/19 i promise to send out 100 bucks to a thousand people and more people everyday after that.....at the last minute i might find a small bug like i'm poor and delay it forever.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones