• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 rooted!

hey kelmar, can you help me out with my question?

"Sorry man I dont know if its cuz its late or what but I don't get it..I am rooted running fresh 2.1.2 and I want to run the official Sprint 2.1 rooted..what is it I need to do?"

Fresh 2.1.2 was based on that last leak before the official release. Flipz verified that the MD5 checksums were the same for the leak as well as the official release. since both had the exact same file name and both were singed releases with the exact same MD5 checksum that means that both files were in fact the same. that means that Fresh 2.1.2 IS based off the official release it was just cleaned up and the Sprint bloatware was removed as well as the ROM was deodexed in order to allow the use of a vanilla lock screen.

if you REALLY insist on running the official release just because you feel that it would somehow be better, then SEARCH XDA for the link to the download (since sprint replaced it with one with root patched)

Upvote 0
can somebody walk me through the whole thing step by step please? im having problems at step 9 when typing in adb devices. i keep getting its not recognized as an internal external blah blah blah. im doing everything step by step and still have problems and im really good with computers and what not but this is frustrating me. please help

Upvote 0
easy way is to download an app from the market that requires root access (such as cachecleaner) and see if the superuser function pops up and asks if you want allow the app.
ok so will i now be able to load a custom rom too? sorry im new at this and how do i do it? i want to use the newest version of fresh since ive heard good things about it and it seems like its what everyone uses

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones