• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 update issues with widgets, primary contact method, and on/off

Okay, so I did the 2.1 droid Eris update, and found a few issues.

One might just be me, but I had my droid set the way I wanted it to be before the update, and now I have no clue how to get back to my original settings. So, trying not to sound like a dumbass here, but I have a few issues maybe you guys can help with.

1. When I turn the phone off and then back on, my messages widgets goes away from the screen I have it on. All that shows up is a little folder that I have NOTHING IN. And it's really starting to bug me, 'cause I love that little widget where I can just cycle through the messages. :)
Do I have to lock just that screen? It's the only widget affected when the phone goes on and off.

2. None of my contacts got erased; however, I noticed that my one primary is set to text, but when I go to edit the profile, it's set to call. This one I might just leave alone, but none of the ringtones that I have set for them are working. I saw a thread earlier about the People thing, but I'm not sure if I fixed this. And how would I go about changing the primary method of contact (text/call) or is set permanently like that?

The first one is really my biggest problem. But I've tried everything and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Help?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones