• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Silverkx2000

Jan 21, 2011
At Home
First Off I'd like to introduce myself!
I'm Silver *waves to everyone* and I am a Tech addict.
I will be getting the Huawei Ascend on Monday as I have been wanting the phone for a LOOOOONG time. Plus I'm new to andriod and I'm all for Open Source.

---------------------------------
I wanted to go ahead and inform you guys of WHEN I WAS TOLD the update would be deployed. I Called Huawei and they said in LATE MARCH, the 2.2 update would be released.
Someone said that they went to their Website and said that in would be out the end of Januaray. I can't remember which thread it was on here, but I know it was posted here.

Just thought I might put that info out there

First Off I'd like to introduce myself!
I'm Silver *waves to everyone* and I am a Tech addict.
I will be getting the Huawei Ascend on Monday as I have been wanting the phone for a LOOOOONG time. Plus I'm new to andriod and I'm all for Open Source.

---------------------------------
I wanted to go ahead and inform you guys of WHEN I WAS TOLD the update would be deployed. I Called Huawei and they said in LATE MARCH, the 2.2 update would be released.
Someone said that they went to their Website and said that in would be out the end of Januaray. I can't remember which thread it was on here, but I know it was posted here.

Just thought I might put that info out there

Thanks. Finally a more specific date. I was right when I said that the update wasnr here yet and its weeks away.

Upvote 0
My phone says version date 9-18-2010. This new update on the Huawei website says 1-21-11. Im new to the whole rooting and android stuff so bare with me. I am extremely computer literate but just getting in the droid groove. I DLd the update to my computer from the site but is it worth putting it on my phone? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Upvote 0
My phone says version date 9-18-2010. This new update on the Huawei website says 1-21-11. Im new to the whole rooting and android stuff so bare with me. I am extremely computer literate but just getting in the droid groove. I DLd the update to my computer from the site but is it worth putting it on my phone? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

You probably already have the update on your phone.

To be sure:

Go to: >settings > about phone > firmware version

It should say: 2.1 -update 1

This update is probably for users who bought the Ascend before it was even introduced in the US.

Huawei is global.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones