• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 2.6.32.15 KiNgxKernel #1 with SVS and HAVS implemented

The King kernel was causing a lot of battery issues, but the #2 version apparently fixes this, based on reports from users.

Trying it again, King2 + SR2.5.2vanilla, with a full charge and battery stat wipe. I'm thinking I was just Not Doing It Right the first time.

I will say that getting Quadrant scores around 1300 without any overclocking is pretty cool.

Upvote 0
Kernel #3

- Updated for stability
- Introduced the new 'BFQ' I/O scheduler!
- Still supporting the 'CFQ' I/O scheduler
- Using the 'BFQ' I/O scheduler by default
- Benchmark increases
- Undervolted the frequencies that can be
- Pumpin 25 more volts to get the highest speeds stabler
- Updated configurations
- Much much more I won't even bother explaining

Upvote 0
Running More PB&J, this #3 kernel actually clocks down like the old .29 kernels did when viewed in system panel. Something that was missing in the .32 and hydra ssuv .32 kernels I tried. Could never get them to drop below 6xxmhz when in system panel. This one is much more aggressive coming down, saw it all the way at 280mhz.

Hopefully this helps battery life. now if we could just get the sloooow charge times fixed that came along with 2.2.

Upvote 0
I have tried to run version 2 and 3 of this kernel on SkyRaider 2.5.2 Sense w/ Expresso theme and it has not worked for me. It will run for a little while and then my phone will either freeze or shut down and restart. The phone has restarted when going into SetCPU to change settings as well. I have never tried to overclock to the full 1.19 either and it still reboots all the time. Any reason why this may be doing this?

Upvote 0
I think I may go back to #2... it seems as though the 3rd eats more battery for me... I am not big into OC but I do it a little... just 1075... the #2 kernel used virtually 0 battery while asleep and #3 just ate 5% battery while I was setting up setcpu... I did a battery clear ad data clear on setcpu thinking that was something but isn't makeing a difference...
I got 14hrs out of #3 when I got 19hrs out of #2 and I think I used it more that day

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones