• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Hancent questions

do delivery reports let you know if they've accessed the sms to read it?
Delivery reports won't, but you can select Read receipts. Although if the person getting the message doesn't choose to send a receipt you'll never know.

I believe the delivery report thing is pretty streamlined. When you send a SMS, you'll see a little notification (icon i think?) within the message showing it's progress, then it switches to saying Sent.

as for spoofing, how would you even tell what phone sent it? Where would it say that?
You can view details of the SMS, but in handcent it just shows the phone number and date. Maybe some devices will show you more. Or maybe it's something to fool providers that filter stuff according to devices.. who knows.

Edit: I just tested with Delivery reports enabled. When you send a SMS, you get an icon of a clock in the bottom right of the message. If you click on it, it brings up a status message (pending). What happens is the program is waiting for a response from the carrier that the message has successfully gone through. Once it has the icon changes to a checkmark to let you know everything was successful. Personally I believe there is no point in leaving this checked as the program will alert you if the message didn't go through anyway, so just adds unnecessary double verification to every message.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones