• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2 Questions about the android store

chrizmaster

Lurker
May 20, 2011
Hi mates,

I've programmed a neat little android app for my employer. Then I put this app into the store but now, I have 2 questions:

1) if I set a price like 0.79 EUR, the store adds taxes and the customer have to pay around 0.94 EUR. Is there a way to include taxes while I am setting the prices for this app?

2) We would like to give our customers the ability, to download this app for free in special cases (if there's an exhibition e.g.). Is there a way to do this? Something like giving our customer a vocher for this app. I know I can change a paid app to a free one, but I can't change it back to a paid app.

Regards
Christian

Then I put this app into the store but now

Market, not store.

2) We would like to give our customers the ability, to download this app for free in special cases (if there's an exhibition e.g.). Is there a way to do this? Something like giving our customer a vocher for this app. I know I can change a paid app to a free one, but I can't change it back to a paid app.

Many ways. Just give them the apk via email or whatever. Make a free and paid version, making the free one upgradable to paid with a code.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones