• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 32 gb SDHC kingston problems

soerenruf

Lurker
May 24, 2011
How can HTC allow hardware like that (wildfire s - my first smartphone) on the market in their brand?

I am also having big problems with the SDHC card. bought a kingston 32 gb class 4 and i works when i plug it in the phone, but as soon as i have to write data on the card (take a picture, download a program...) it disconnects!? wtf?

I thought that it was a single fault, so i went to the shop where i got a new phone.. tried to plug in the 32 gb kingston sdhc card, and same procedure (and btw, the phone jack is also loose in the new phone) as soon as i write on the card, it disconnects and the phone says that the card have been removed.

THen i thought that the fault must be in the card, so i went to the dealer and the dealer gave me a new card....

and again! same problem! What the duce! (Family guy) Why is it acting like that? it must be programming, because the phone should support the 32 gb sdhc card, and when the card is kingston? bought at a legit retailer in Copenhagen?

I an soon about to quit an surrendering to the dark side (apple) - where things seem to be working without the constant need for fiddeling

I bought a fraudulent 32Gb Kingston micro SDHC card on eBay. The seller was unaware and gave a full refund. It had real packaging, a serial number enscribed on the back of the card, and a hack placed on the SD card to make the OS believe that it was ~29Gb large when really it was only ~1Gb.

Run a program called h2testw (google it) which should validate if the SD card is legitimate.

Upvote 0
How can HTC allow hardware like that (wildfire s - my first smartphone) on the market in their brand?

I am also having big problems with the SDHC card. bought a kingston 32 gb class 4 and i works when i plug it in the phone, but as soon as i have to write data on the card (take a picture, download a program...) it disconnects!? wtf?

I thought that it was a single fault, so i went to the shop where i got a new phone.. tried to plug in the 32 gb kingston sdhc card, and same procedure (and btw, the phone jack is also loose in the new phone) as soon as i write on the card, it disconnects and the phone says that the card have been removed.

THen i thought that the fault must be in the card, so i went to the dealer and the dealer gave me a new card....

and again! same problem! What the duce! (Family guy) Why is it acting like that? it must be programming, because the phone should support the 32 gb sdhc card, and when the card is kingston? bought at a legit retailer in Copenhagen?

I an soon about to quit an surrendering to the dark side (apple) - where things seem to be working without the constant need for fiddeling

You need to use a Sandisk 32 gb (class2 ) I have it on good authority from HTC they only recommend using these hope this helps Amazon are the cheapest

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones