• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I used this on my sisters phone it went smooth. Very well written no problems what-so ever

I did this the day the rom came out, but your instructions are very clear and concise. I am saying thank you for making this available to those who are new to the android community and/or who are looking to learn more about their hardware, software and how to mod/unlock them properly.

So... THANKS!!!

If only we had a way to overclock the 2.2.1 rom, that would be sweet. I am still trying to learn how to mod the kernel and make it stable.

Upvote 0
Before you start the adb commands in the cmd prompt and do all that stuff, when I rebooted my phone after doing the stuff before that, it seems to have rebooted my phone to factory settings. All of my apps and contacts are gone and I have no signal.

That's just one thing. I see it says I'm supposed to have no signal.

When I put in the first adb command in the cmd prompt, I got this:

daemon not running. Starting it now on port 5037
daemon started successfully
error: device not found

Why is it not finding the device? I will be in the irc chat if you want to help me that way. Or of course you could also respond here.

I'm worried that something else will not work and then my phone will be bricked for good.

Please help as I have businesses calling my phone about job interviews and such probably in the morning, so this is pretty urgent.

EDIT: I do not care about rooting anymore. I just want my phone returned to its state before I started the root process.

Upvote 0
I'm really new to this (rooting, flashing, and to this awesome forum), so I have a very simple question.
I have 2.2.1, can I install ROMs that are for 2.2? I just don't know how much of an impact that .1 will have on the changes and I don't want to risk it.
Also, I was wondering if someone could recommend me a ROM to install on my LG Optimus M. Preferably one designed for speed and performance.
Your time is greatly appreciated.

Upvote 0
So I figured out what the problem was. (This should be added to the guide)

After that LG program flashes my phone and I have no signal, before you input the adb commands into cmd prompt, you need to turn back on dev mode or debugging. I forget which one it was but my phone being flashed turned it off.

I was looking for hours to see what the problem was and I found somebody who was willing to take me step by step through the rest of the process. The dev/debugging mode was the first thing he mentioned and bingo that fixed the problem.

So when you are putting your adb commands into the command prompt, if you are getting deviced not found or something like that, make sure those modes are turned back on because they were more than likely turned off.

Upvote 0
So I figured out what the problem was. (This should be added to the guide)

After that LG program flashes my phone and I have no signal, before you input the adb commands into cmd prompt, you need to turn back on dev mode or debugging. I forget which one it was but my phone being flashed turned it off.

I was looking for hours to see what the problem was and I found somebody who was willing to take me step by step through the rest of the process. The dev/debugging mode was the first thing he mentioned and bingo that fixed the problem.

So when you are putting your adb commands into the command prompt, if you are getting deviced not found or something like that, make sure those modes are turned back on because they were more than likely turned off.

it's already says to enable debugging look under the no service picture

Reactions: allmanallpimp
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones