• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I really give up some times. I used to think people here were smart, but this place is clearly frequented by idiots..

The PS3 video they triggered an autosave during the firming to gimp the framerate, the Xbox version does not have the autosave facility... (both games save at the start, but you can trigger a save mid-level on the PS3 version of Orange Box)

This video had long since been discredited, and I can't believe idiots are still using is as "proof" of some system superiority, a 3 year old PS3 game of a 5 year old PC game where Microsoft's media buddies intentionally gimped a comparison video to make the Xbox version look better than the PS3 version (when the reality is, they both looked lame compared to the PC version)

Orange Box (PS3) Comparison Video - NeoGAF

I'm amazed there are still idiots that can't see when they have been taken for a ride my Microsoft and their media buddies.... Congratulations, you just made yourself look like a desperate idiot, clinging on to some ancient faked comparisons.

This is also why the American media are the laughing stock of the world, because everything is corporate ties in, backroom getlemens agreements and al sorts of other questionable business practices that would be illegal anywhere else in the civilised western world.

There is no point having this discussion really, as it seems some people are just totally brainwashed by what Microsoft, the media, and random websites tell them.

Upvote 0
Are you saying that US is the smallest gaming region? If so... then what is it smaller to?

Keep in mind... even though Sony has made over 50 million accounts... how many of those are in use? The article says that they have created over 50 million since launch date. With the ones I've owned, I created 4 different ones. What's important is ACTIVE use today.

Smaller than Europe, Smaller than Asia/Japan.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6191774.html
(oldish link, I did see something newer somewhere, but I forgot where)

You know than PSN accounts are shared across PSP and PS3? 55m PSP and 35m PS3 systems = 90m systems that need a PSN account, many consoles will have multiple accounts, many owners will use the same account across multiple devices.

Upvote 0
still the last-gen and noisy DVD drive etc.

Its obvious you haven't been hands-on with the new hardware yet... The drive was my biggest gripe about the original (yes it was loud and obnoxious) and is now much more quiet compared to the jasper re5 elite I have... if you install games you can't even hear the machine unless you put your ear up to it, but if you don't it is actually tolerable now.

Reactions: Aiyan
Upvote 0
Its obvious you haven't been hands-on with the new hardware yet... The drive was my biggest gripe about the original (yes it was loud and obnoxious) and is now much more quiet compared to the jasper re5 elite I have... if you install games you can't even hear the machine unless you put your ear up to it, but if you don't it is actually tolerable now.

I have seen one actually, and with the disc in and spinning, it's quite loud. The fans are much quiter, but the disc drive isn't..

Upvote 0
Mgillespie let me ask you two questions:

Why did you dodge the sales for ps3 and xbox360? That clearly states xbox 360 having more sold worldwide then PS3. Which is a sour fact, so why bother adding in a handheld. This is between PS3 and x360.

Second: Why do you dodge rest of comparisons between the consoles.

You clearly don't know that that Norway is part of Europe do you? So turn off the arrogant behaviour, just because you think that how it is. It ain't, per now it is sold 25% more PS3 in Europe then XBOX 360 which is true, but then calling America for one of the smallest consumers of gaming for rubish statement. As it is, most times American get the games before us (ported games) it's becoming less popular, but thats because marked in America is bigger then Europe at the moment.

Thus America dictate a bit what we will have/see. Second out, this might sound strange. You are complaining about x360 being loud, but my PS3 slim is just as loud as my xbox 360 so why is that problem?

So back to my two questions, why disregarding the movies? They show that both consoles have their weaknesses. They also show that PS3 had worse graphics in the start because of difficulity to make games to PS3 vs xbox 360.

Second question is very simple, you have the news of xbox 360 having more consoles sold then PS3. How can you make a statement of MY behalf as european and say we think xbox 360 as trash, when in fact - the consumers buy what they find suitable.

Just because you trying to ingrain us with you reasons and choices, then gets a no - then you start to flame and excuse us the American news. Stop being cocky and realize. There is difference in people, there is people that loves xbox 360 - because (simple) its freaking great console and we like it despite the flaws. Then there is people who love ps3 because its freaking great console as well. Bashing choices of us, is not proving anything towards us.

It is just making you look like a arrogant person that can't or will not accept other peoples opinions. When actually my links shows that there is simply almost no difference between a PS3 and xbox360, thus my statement in some posts above strikes the deal.

It's the eye of the beholder. I, you or another person make a decision about buying a console which is just as good as the other one without getting harassed and almost threatened like you are doing with us. Cut us some slack will you and come back when you understand the principle of having different opinions, where facts is already set and shown. Whatever you say will not change this, so stop spouting such nonsense.

William: Because he want to point out a flaw so much that he ignores the own problems on his favorite console. I agree with you do, there is no difference really with noise. If you also become semi hardcore gamer, you usual do end up with 7.1 surround headset which takes away the noises the consoles makes anyway.

Reactions: SoulTerror
Upvote 0
If you also become semi hardcore gamer, you usual do end up with 7.1 surround headset which takes away the noises the consoles makes anyway.

Just having my volume up on the TV I can't hear either, the 360 S or PS3 slim. This was not the case with my RE5 Elite.

So far I'm happy with it, I have the newest revision and now my son has his own and doesn't have to hog up mine now :p

Upvote 0
The only time I really noticed my 360 elite making noise was when I was playing multi-player MW2. I installed the game to my HDD and noise went away. I had to sell my 360 due to needing some money and then I got a PS3 off a trade of a laptop that I repaired and I'd rather have the 360. Sure I owned it a lot longer, but I just like it better.

-Netflex is a lot better on the 360 IMO, not having to load a disk to stream is a +1. Also I feel the menu's are better as well. One thing I like about the PS3 is that I don't have to buy an adapter to use HDMI and Optical audio.

-Another thing I like better about the 360 is the battery packs, those things last a long time before needing to be charged, and they are cheap so you can have more then one on hand. PS3 you either have to have more then one controller or plug in a wire (if that's even possible while playing, I don't really have a cable for my controllers, I have to unplug my USB hub since that's the only cable that fits it in my house) Plus you have the option of using AA batteries or battery packs.

-I also like being able to mute my headset when playing games online and turning it on when I want to play. It is so annoying when your playing a game and you here everything that is going on in someone's background. One day I kept hearing someone's kid crying and they where also speaking in another language which was annoying as hell, took me a long time to figure out how to mute the player.

-The PS3 has free internet access and can support more people is nice, but IMO paying for the Xbox live service is worth it. You don't have as many bratty kids online and it's easier to report people, have parties, etc....

Like already said, both systems have their flaws and goods. I had an original 20gb 360 since 06 and only got the RROD once and that was the only issue I had with it. I knew it was gonna happen, and when it happened I kinda just laughed about it. Went without my system for like 2-3 weeks, not that bad compared to a buddy of mine who had his PS3 repaired took over a month and all they did was send him a new PS3 slim.

I prefer the 360 over the PS3, most of my friend have 360, and there are more games that are exclusive to the 360 that interest me over the PS3. Halo, Forza, Gears of War. PS3 really only has God of War which I still have yet to play, and maybe Gran Turismo 5 when it comes out this November. I will probably be selling my PS3 here soon and plan on getting another 360 down the road.

Upvote 0
Exactly, boths consoles shines in their own way, both consoles have games that makes them interesting. For me all those games are lush, I would also add Final Fantasy 13 VERSUS on the list and the Metal Gear Solid series.

Either way, this applies bit to the xbox 360 slim. They have added extra features on it that makes it not just more cost friendly for those buying it, but it means they have listened to the community with adding those features. We can debate about the time of it coming, but to be honest: Wireless adapted have been on the marked for long time and same goes for cables.

So I think this is just a extremely good choice from Microsoft to release a new type of xbox 360. :)

Upvote 0
Here is the leading website for hardware and software totals. Go directly to VGChartz.

VGChartz - Please Take A Moment To Visit Our Sponsor

It's hard to back a claim where your article is 2 years ago. MANY things can happen within 2 years... like umm... Wii's price dropping, PS3 Slim released, Xbox 360 Slim released, and so forth.

Reactions: Jeted
Upvote 0
mgillespie = ps3 fanboi = troll... this thread is for those that want to talk about what they like in the new 360 and all you seem to want to do in it is tout what you believe is the ps3's superiority to it. this isnt about the ps3 and using your own posts i cant believe some "idiots" here still dont get that, geez, "i thought people here were smart" but nope, there are still some "idiots" that seem to get off on trolling what they believe to be a superior product when their opinion of their so called superior product wasnt asked for... STFU and as its been said go create your own thread about your beloved ps3's superiority and quit dragging this one into a "my ps3 is better than your 360 because I said so."

damn dude, get the chip off your shoulder and go play your beloved superior system instead of trying to instigate in a thread about the 360, what you are doing is trolling, its not wanted, go away.

Upvote 0

Why did you dodge the sales for ps3 and xbox360? That clearly states xbox 360 having more sold worldwide then PS3. Which is a sour fact, so why bother adding in a handheld. This is between PS3 and x360.

I didn't dodge anything.

Even a dribbling idiot can work out that the Xbox sales will be higher because it launched 13 months earlier.

If you want to talk about sales. Lets talk about how Microsoft had 13 months of exclusive sales, with no Wii or PS3 around, and managed to rack up 9m in sales lead before the others launched. That lead has been reduced to 3.5m sales gap between PS3 and Xbox, despite the PS3 being a higher price and despite having to compete with the other consoles for sales.

Not really something for Xbox owners to brag about really... How Microsoft rushed out their console unfinished to gain a early advantage at consumers expense and then lose that advantage.

Second question is very simple, you have the news of xbox 360 having more consoles sold then PS3. How can you make a statement of MY behalf as european and say we think xbox 360 as trash, when in fact - the consumers buy what they find suitable.

There is NO correlation between product quality or it's technical excellence and sales, consumers simply aren't that smart. There IS correlation between sales and marketing budgets. This is why crap like Xbox and Ipod sales in droves and people use Firefox as a browser, not because they are any good, but because the companies behind them can shove enogh advertising down people throats, that consumers actually end up believing the drivel that being fed to them.

What I don't really understand, is how someone can be dumb enough to own an Xbox, but smart enough to own a Android device. The 2 concepts are incompatible, surely you should be flashing iPhone4 and iPads in publics showing them as status symbols and spending money wherever else the media says you should be spending it.

There is little point continuing this, as it's clear you have been sucked in and believe every single thing that Microsoft have ever told you about the Xbox.

Scratch the surface and you will see everything you have been told is a thin veil of lies ond decient.

For example, the Xbox's DVD player is actually SLOWER than the PS3's Blu-Ray drive, that myth was created by Microsoft and most Xbox owners still believe it to be 100% factually true, or that multiplatform games look better on Xbox (nobody every noticed that all these comparisons come from a single source, Digital Foundry, and they have been cherry picking what titles and what bits of a game to compare).

Contrary to what you may think. This was a discussion about the 360 Slim, I'm NOT the one that's turned it into a console war thread, Those that decided you can't talk about negative things and wanted a censored opinion thread of Xbox fanboy love did that. I'm even starting to wonder if certain people in this thread are not actually Microsoft shills.

Upvote 0
I'm tempted to get a 360 Slim but, I have a new Elite, as well as old 20GB which I got pre-owned and is in fantastic condition. I sell and rebuy more Xbox's than anyone I know but, the main one in the house, is a replacement one for the one I had which fell down the stairs when I tripped :(.

I'm not to sure on the design either, I prefer the old design. And while I do like shiny, it'll be a dust magnet just like my PS3 was and my black Wii is. I'd like it, cuz it'd match more but, last thing I need is more dust on my precious baby :p.
It's also not out in the UK yet but, considering what you get and the price, it's a very good deal!

Upvote 0
. This is why crap like Xbox and Ipod sales in droves and people use Firefox as a browser, not because they are any good, but because the companies behind them can shove enogh advertising down people throats, that consumers actually end up believing the drivel that being fed to them.

This is probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard you say. I for one HATE APPLE but I will admit that their iPod mp3 players are very good. Firefox is actually a very good and stable browser but the masses must be stupid for using it because we're led to "believe the drivel." Every browser has it's positives and it's negatives. Are the people that use Google Chrome, Skyfire, Opera, or IE re-****-ed too? Do you seriously believe the crap that spews from your fingers, mind and/or lips?

There is little point continuing this, as it's clear you have been sucked in and believe every single thing that Microsoft have ever told you about the Xbox.

Scratch the surface and you will see everything you have been told is a thin veil of lies ond deceit.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that we like what we like? We are not obligated to explain ourselves to the likes of you. As I have stated previously, I own all 3 consoles. I still prefer my MICROSOFT Xbox 360 over my SONY Playstation 3 and NINTENDO Wii. Keyword here.. PREFER

Upvote 0
the op for this thread was this:

Do you have it? If so, what's your opinion on it. Was it worth the purchase? :)

yet there is still one "dribbling idiot" that doesnt get that he is only posting in here to be a troll.

if you want a thread to bash on the 360 or why the ps3 is better than it go create one. you've already proven you can read by your own posts so why dont you read the OP and if you've purchased it and have thoughts about it contribute, if you want to bash and be a troll go make your own thread.

Upvote 0
Fanboyism at it's best :s. While it annoys the crap out of me, I also find it very entertaining :eek:.

I have to say, I also prefer the Xbox 360 over the others and because I'm a fan girl either. If truth be told, I'm more of a Sony girl and I wanted a PS3 so much and possibly a Wii but, I didn't want a 360 at all!

I sold my PS3...got another..sold it.
Same with the Wii. Got one, sold it, got one, sold it...got another this year.

I sort of do the same with Xbox's but on a different level. Have 1 xbox, get another, sell one, get another. But either way, I always have one xbox in the house and it is my favourite console. Im looking to sell my Wii again and get a PS3 next year when Infamous 2 is released. Unless the Xbox gets it anyway, then I probably wont. But i dont see that happening.

Upvote 0
I for one HATE APPLE but I will admit that their iPod mp3 players are very good. Firefox is actually a very good and stable browser

The iPod is crud. it's poorly made, and it's primary purpose, playing music, the sound quality is truely abysmal. It's a fashion accessory rather than a music player. There are a whole raft of players from Creative, iRiver, Sony and more that all sound a million times better.

As for Firefox, that truely is a joke, Firefox is a bloated unstable mess, it's a security nightmare that needs 2 weekly plugging to keep it secure online. These days it's even less secure than IE, which is ironic as that is why many people actually moved to it.

FFStates-3.png

Upvote 0
The iPod is crud. it's poorly made, and it's primary purpose, playing music, the sound quality is truely abysmal. It's a fashion accessory rather than a music player. There are a whole raft of players from Creative, iRiver, Sony and more that all sound a million times better.

As for Firefox, that truely is a joke, Firefox is a bloated unstable mess, it's a security nightmare that needs 2 weekly plugging to keep it secure online. These days it's even less secure than IE, which is ironic as that is why many people actually moved to it.

FFStates-3.png

Note to self: We're in 2010.

By the way, you saying the Apple iPod is crud is your opinion. Once again, opinions are like assholes.. everyone has one

Upvote 0
Note to self: We're in 2010.

By the way, you saying the Apple iPod is crud is your opinion. Once again, opinions are like assholes.. everyone has one

There are plenty of sources of complains about iPod sound quality and lousy build quality, most consumers are woo'd over pretty coloured plastic casings, fake advertising full of "sequence shorted" and "enhanced graphics" rather than technical factors like SnR and texture quality.

And that report came out in 2010. I don't see your point.... Since 2008 Firefox has had over double the vulnerabilities discovered than IE (which is also a heap of garbage, but nowehere near as bloated or insecure as Firefox).

What you clearly can't comprehend is how something that sells can be crap. The truth of course is that quality and marketshare have no correlation at all.

Consumers buy whatever they see on TV, or what the mainstream media portray as fashionable at the moment. A very large swathe of consumers are mass-market idiots.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones