• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Screen Protectors?

I don't use them myself. I rarely drop phones, and was only once unlucky enough for one to land in a way that caused a crack (almost invisible chip that developed over a few minutes into a crack, as hardened glass will do).

I did recommend them to one of my kids a few years back, when they were very much prone to dropping phones (they won't help with a shattering impact, but I figured a glass one might save the sort of chip->crack described above). Whether that helped I don't know, I think the cost of replacement screen protectors probably grew too high ;).

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
My watches all have sapphire lenses, so in the absence of diamond tools the one thing I'm not worried about is scratching them ;).

"Gorilla glass", despite the marketing, is a different matter. The sort of quartz grit you find in everyday environments will scratch that just fine (I've scratched gorilla glass by just putting a phone face down on a conference room table).

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones