• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wolfedude88

Android Expert
Jan 3, 2010
Is anyone having issues with 3g? I am at work have great signal and looks like I am getting 3g. I cannot download or even look up hardly anything in the Marketplace, maybe it is just a marketplace issue.

The error I get says " a network error has occurred. Retry, or cancel and return to the previous screen."

One of my bosses has the Droid and he is having no issues at all, I know we get service here, I have had the Eris and the Incredible with no issues, and he showed me his Droid today and had no issues.

I am going to reboot to see if that helps. Just wondering if anyone else has had any issues like this?

Thanks

Same here, but there's some other @#$% happening too, like I can't make or receive calls, or texts. I have bars, but no network access. Getting a replacement by next week, I hope. Maybe on yours it's a relatively easy fix, but it does seem like a technological no-man's-land with the X and tech issues. No one really seems to know what to do (yet), including the 3 tech support people I've spoken with this weekend, and the customer service guy at a local corp store.

Upvote 0
yeah i'm having a problem but i dont know if its the same problem

when i first got the phone, it was waivering from 3g to 1x and downloading incredibly slowly. same location my incredible used to get great 3g, and a buddy's htc touchpro2 was getting 3g just fine.

i charged the battery fully, and then 3g worked great. now its back to the same problem. i'm getting 132 kbps download speeds according to speedtest.net (and it seems capped at that, the needle goes up quickly and then doesnt waiver from 132), but im uploading in the 500-800 range.

could it be a battery problem somehow?

Upvote 0
I'm starting to wonder whether and when Verizon will look at this forum or other places (their own forums) and respond to any of these issues. I'm waiting for a replacement but am starting to get a sinking feeling. Maybe I should visit other device forums to show myself there are problems with any handset. The 3G issues, and my (now comatose) phone's inability to complete calls, make me leery....
:(

Upvote 0
Yes! I've been having 3g issues since I got my phone. I am extremely disappointed right now because I am coming from AT&T's network, which I was having some issues with, so I expected to have much better service than I was getting before. I actually took my phone in on the 17th for tech support and they just reset my phone which seemed to work for a couple hours than the issues started up again. My signal keeps going from 4 bars to 1 bar to 3 bars to 1X and back to 3g, it's really annoying because my data keeps timing out and nothing loads. And to top it off I haven't been able to use wifi on my device either since I got it, no matter what changes I made to my router my wifi will not work and my GPS is also really slow to pick up signal. Im hoping this is all bc I have a defective phone otherwise Im seriously considering going back to AT&T. I called my verizon store to get a replacement and they have none so they gave me a CSR number to call to have them ship me a new one so I have to call them tomorrow. This is my first android device too, not a good first impression at all, my phones barely usable right now :( If anybody is having luck with a new phone they received and had these issues prior please let me know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones