• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 4.2 and APEX Launcher

sloheim

Sep 10, 2010
Is anyone else having problems using the APEX Launcher since upgrading to 4.2? Whenever I try to start my (unrooted) N7, I get "Unfortunately, Apex Launcher has stopped working". I've rebooted, no difference.

I'd prefer not to uninstall/re-install and lose my settings.

Thoughts?

None of the dock buttons work for me. It just locks up. If I'm lucky, I get one dock button to work once, and then it stops. I uninstalled until I hear it's fixed. In the meantime, I had backed up my settings and imported them to Nova. I like the stock launcher, but I need more docks than just the one.

Upvote 0
None of the dock buttons work for me. It just locks up. If I'm lucky, I get one dock button to work once, and then it stops. I uninstalled until I hear it's fixed. In the meantime, I had backed up my settings and imported them to Nova. I like the stock launcher, but I need more docks than just the one.
Same here with the dock buttons. I go into the apex menu settings and"float" the dock buttons to overlay the screen instead of below it. Then the work for a time. In a while they become inactive again. I go back in and uncheck the "float"
I think maybe really all I need to do is click "restart apex launcher". I'll give that a try. One of those should work until we get the app update.

Upvote 0
Same here with the dock buttons. I go into the apex menu settings and"float" the dock buttons to overlay the screen instead of below it. Then the work for a time. In a while they become inactive again. I go back in and uncheck the "float"
I think maybe really all I need to do is click "restart apex launcher". I'll give that a try. One of those should work until we get the app update.

Ran into same issue. If it happens to me, I simply force a screen rotation and the buttons work again ;) (e.g. portrait -> landscape -> portrait).

Upvote 0
Ran into same issue. If it happens to me, I simply force a screen rotation and the buttons work again ;) (e.g. portrait -> landscape -> portrait).

The issues I had with Apex Launcher and 4.2 on my Nexus 7 appear to be fixed with the latest 1.3.5 update:

What's in this version:
* Added option to close drawer after launching apps
* Added option to toggle home screen alpha effect (leave it off for smoother transitions)
* Improved icon label handling (labels will not be cut off or hidden automatically)
* Fixed FC under Android 4.2
* Fixed dock and QSB for Android 4.2
* Various bugfixes and optimizations
* Updated translations

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones