• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I have 2x Nexus 7 tablets, both got updated to 4.3 today. One is Ok after update, with the other one I can't download any new or update existing apps. Comes back with Error retrieving info from the server. Any idea?

*** UPDATE ***

I removed Google account, and added it back again - everything is WORKING!!!

Reactions: Mr. Lucky
Upvote 0
Half asleep early this morning I made the mistake of saying "yes" to the "Update to 4.3?" prompt. It immediately hung on the "Shutting Down" screen. After searching and soul searching I tried the factory reset procedure of connecting to a computer and pressing power+volume up+volume down. This did get the tablet to power down but now it is dead as a doornail. I am in mourning. I loved that thing. Just as it was. Didn't need no stupid update. Now what do I do? Buy another one? And have the same thing happen with 4.4? I feel sick. :bawling:

Upvote 0
:dancing2:It's baaaackkk!!!! Woo hoo!!!

Just read some other threads and did the 30 second power button hold and it booted. Into 4.2.2, mind you but at least it's alive. Missing FF tabs but that seems to be about all that's not there. Think I will wait a long time and read a lot more of other folks experiences before trying again.

Thanks for giving me hope.

Upvote 0
Don't know if this helps anyone or not, but just to add a data point, I got the update yesterday and everything worked flawlessly. The tablet is still working just as good as before the update. I don't have MXplayer installed on this tablet, so I don't have to worry about that app.

Still didn't make it as good as the new Nexus 7, but that wasn't expected!

Upvote 0
I updated my original Nexus 7 which I run lots of apps on, 4.3 is operating as smoothly as it does on my Nexus 7.2

Of course it's not as fast nor as brilliant because of the obvious hardware differences, other than that it's a very good upgrade.

Upon seeing how well mine works my brother asked me to perform the same upgrade on his Nexus 7. That one also turned out very nicely.

I have no hesitation endorsing Android version 4.3.

Upvote 0
Did you plug the headphones in all the way? I noticed that just like the original Nexus 7, you need to give it a good push to get it to click into the final position.

Yes, although my headphone jack has seen better days, I called Google about a replacement 1 day after my warranty ran out...

This is definitely a software issue between Netflix/4.3 as everything else seems to work OK - iPlayer, 4OD, TV Catchup...

Upvote 0
So far, MX Player stop working, I've had to install BS Player, the free version of BS Player doesn't support Dolby and hardware acceleration.

Some apps icons seems to have diappeared but I never use them so I didn't check in the details.

Try Dice Player, that was updated a few days ago to support 4.3.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones