• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Aha, something to remember for next time then. Is there anything else available that would allow you to get the full look and feel back, apart from maybe taking a screenshot and then trying to make it look the same?

Just to confirm again, would you still use TB to at least get the data back from the apps?

Upvote 0
Got this update today and seem to have taken a pretty immediate hit on battery performance. I haven't factory reset yet and don't want to really (i'm not rooted and don't really want to be) due to the hassle of setting it up again.

Is the battery performance still meant to be worse? I thought they fixed that before they sent out the update again.

Upvote 0
Funky .... so are you saying make sure I be selective on the restore, as I think I just did a complete restore of the TB backup

Not selective mate but in the Batch, Restore menu, only use the 1st or 2nd option. Not the 3rd or fourth.
Thats what i do anyway with no probs. Ive only had issues when restoring system apps :thumbup:

Upvote 0
OK, factory reset after doing another TB backup, and this time only restored the Apps and their data, but also some of the "green" system data, such as bookmarks etc I think (I found a good tutorial that explain TB in a bit more detail)

Phone is now rock solid, so FC's so far and the battery life seems good .... thanks for teh advice guys ... time to sort the GF's out now that I've practiced on mine :)

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Totally man. The s3 is a Q2 2012 phone, its gettin old. Time to abandon samsung updates imo. If it ends up getting samsungs version of 4.4 then i think that will be the last and its gona be full of bloat.
The s3 is still an excellent 2014 phone when its running an aosp android 4.4.2 custom rom.
The 4.3 samsung update seems to be giving people problems.
If you have any interest in modding the phone id do it now while youre on 4.1

Reactions: wyelkins
Upvote 0
Thanks for the input gents. My only reservation is the buggieness of custom roms. I went through some hassle with HTC phones with custom roms, I just don't have the time to deal with that at this point in my life. Don't get me wrong they are amazing, but there is something to be said for rock solid stability. And this since this is my only phone and I have kids and a life, I cannot afford to have my phone fail on me.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones