• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

4G Clearwire Coverage Map

So I was looking at the Sprint 4G coverage map and they have pretty much all of my city blanketed as having 4G coverage... but I wondered just how realistic that was... so I went to the Clearwire website to look at their coverage map.

CLEAR WiMAX 4G Coverage Area Map

I think this gives a much more "clear" view of just how your coverage will be. For intance, half of my block (luckily the half where my apartment resides) is listed as having Best Clear Coverage whereas the other half just has Clear Coverage.

Just thought it would be useful for everyone to be able to have a better idea of your 4G coverage. Unless I'm wrong and Sprint and Clear's coverage are not necessarily the same thing.

So, are you covered?

Reactions: keyholeSecrets
So I was looking at the Sprint 4G coverage map and they have pretty much all of my city blanketed as having 4G coverage... but I wondered just how realistic that was... so I went to the Clearwire website to look at their coverage map.

CLEAR WiMAX 4G Coverage Area Map

I think this gives a much more "clear" view of just how your coverage will be. For intance, half of my block (luckily the half where my apartment resides) is listed as having Best Clear Coverage whereas the other half just has Clear Coverage.

Just thought it would be useful for everyone to be able to have a better idea of your 4G coverage. Unless I'm wrong and Sprint and Clear's coverage are not necessarily the same thing.

So, are you covered?

baltimore was the first city to get 4g and according to this map they have none....?

Upvote 0
WTF.... THIS is my coverage map, my neighborhood is in highlighter

WHY DOES THE LAKE GET FULL 4g SERVICE AND I GET NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Capture-1.png

They are trying to tap into that all important houseboat subscriber.

Upvote 0
Looks like people in Baltimore won't have to wait much longer- Insider's View of CLEAR 4G's Baltimore Launch Party

Disclosure- Hey everyone, I actually work with Clearwire, but it seems there is a lot of good conversation about 4G going on at androidforums. I'm looking forward to joining in!

OK, I take it then that the 4G footprint already in place with Sprint is being expanded by this launch? I ask because I live in Columbia and per Sprint's maps, am 2 blocks or so just outside the closest 4G coverage (it's like a mile wide circle of non-coverage surrounded by coverage with me just at the boundary) but there are 3 Clear antennas within 1 mle of my home. So I'm looking for these to fire up and fill that gap :)

John

Upvote 0
OK, I take it then that the 4G footprint already in place with Sprint is being expanded by this launch? I ask because I live in Columbia and per Sprint's maps, am 2 blocks or so just outside the closest 4G coverage (it's like a mile wide circle of non-coverage surrounded by coverage with me just at the boundary) but there are 3 Clear antennas within 1 mle of my home. So I'm looking for these to fire up and fill that gap :)

John

Correct- they should fire up soon

Upvote 0
Does the 4G experience mean anything when you search the Sprint site for Sprint stores? I have about 15 Sprint sellers within a 20 mile radius, but only the ones within Philly's Wimax range show 4G experience. This is, the one's in PA I believe. The one's in NJ, I don't believe. But since it says 4G experience, I'm wondering if that's a clue to places where Sprint's confirmed 4g signal or just estimates 4G signal based on a tower location.

Wouldn't make much sense to say the store has 4G experience then have people show up and not be able to show them actual 4G.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones