• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5" phone with Snapdragon 820, 4000mAh?

zijincheng

Jan 14, 2012
Hello all, I've been an android user for a long time and have been searching for a phone that fits what I'm looking for. I currently use a Zuk Z2 which is the closest I've found to what I am looking for:

• 5"
  • Snapdragon 820 at least
  • 4000mAh at least
  • These 3 items are must haves

I don't really care about camera quality as long as its as good as an Galaxy S3 and would prefer stock Android. I'm not considering the Galaxy S7 active because its almost as big as a 5.5" device and in that case I might as well go with one.

I cannot find a phone that fits my needs, have I missed a phone that fulfills those requirements?

Last edited:
The Pixel is all that except the battery. There are at least 7 ways to get around battery life issues. My recommendation would be Pixel and buy a battery bank to keep in your pocket. (However I was worried about battery life and it's been very solid.)

Other than that, you'll find the phones with big batteries tend to have lower specs, as do "smaller" phones so you most likely won't find something with a SD 820/821 or better with a big honking battery in a small case. But If you do .... report back. ;)

A couple others -

HTC 10 (5.2 inch 3000 mah)
http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-10-specs

Xiaomi Mi5 (5.15 inch 3000 mah)
https://www.cnet.com/products/xiaomi-mi-5/

Moto Z Force (5.5 inch 3500 mah)
http://www.androidcentral.com/moto-z

Last edited:
Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
The Pixel is all that except the battery. There are at least 7 ways to get around battery life issues. My recommendation would be Pixel and buy a battery bank to keep in your pocket. (However I was worried about battery life and it's been very solid.)

Other than that, you'll find the phones with big batteries tend to have lower specs, as do "smaller" phones so you most likely won't find something with a SD 820/821 or better with a big honking battery in a small case. But If you do .... report back. ;)

I'm not willing to use a battery pack and software optimization only goes so far. My normal use is quite heavy, such that even a Pixel is not enough. In order for something to last me throughout a day in any situation, I would need an SD625 + 4000mAh battery (14 hours of gaming), but I'm willing to settle for an SD820 with 4000mAh.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
@zijincheng Well you have some additional options from me as well as @kate I hope you find something that fills the bill.

And just a word to the wise. There is no such thing as a perfect cell phone. You will have to compromise somewhere, you just have to figure out where that compromise will be.

I agree there isn't a perfect cell phone. Those are the three things I look for in a smartphone, and if I were to compromise on one of them it would be the screen size, and at that point I know exactly which phone I would go with. I posted this here to make sure I didn't miss out on any 5", SD820 4000mAh phone and it looks like I didn't.

Think the problem might be 5in screen with a 4000mAh battery. Anything I know with that capacity battery, is basically phablet sized, around 5.7in or more. I presume you've already scoured Ali Express, Amazon, Ebay, etc.

Yup already.

Upvote 0
Is that 14 hours of continuous gaming, like away from a power outlet, without a break or rest, and no time to charge the phone, maybe out in the boonies?

To be perfectly honest, yes, that is the exact situation being described except I might pause the game to watch some Youtube while eating lunch. This sort of situation rarely happens to me, but I don't want to be caught without battery or forgetting to bring my battery pack. I also watch a lot of Youtube as well so that drains the battery fast.

EDIT: And yes, lived in Singapore for 10 years

Upvote 0
Honestly, the Moto Z force might be as close as you can get, especially since it has the 3500 MAH battery and you can add the game pad mod (coming soon) that adds even a bit more battery. Or just a slim battery mod. It's a tad larger than your ideal but it's slim and very handleable ... if that's a word. It's easily the biggest "one hand" phone I've seen.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones