• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$50 Cash back at Best Buy

Just wanted to follow up and confirm. I bought 2 droids as upgrades to existing lines for 200 each, went back today with the printout from sears, they gave me back 100 plus tax, no problems. If some D*** at your best buy isn't letting you get it, just try another day OR a diff best buy. If they try to say the local SEARs doesnt' have it in stock, make them aware it is a searwireless store, not the normal one. At anyrate 50 bucks is probably worth a little extra work if they arent' being cool about it. Remind them its not THEIR money and doesnt hurt them if they do the refund :)

Upvote 0
Went to my Best Buy closest to me, got treated like a liar. Finally found the price was $150, but that was for NEW contracts only. So they said they had to figure in overnight shipping so they'd do it for $179, which was bullshit. I could go to the store, so then they found out it was an upgrade so either way they were doing it $179.

Upvote 0
Went bb in garden city ny with sears ad... no go ...they said they won't pricematch in ternet prices ....and I can't exhange nor return my droid ( because I scratched it on the sides) so no to prcematch ..no to exchange, no to return ...jerks. :mad:

Will try price adjust in another best buy

NO vz corp do not match nor exchange when bought at bb

Upvote 0
Went bb in garden city ny with sears ad... no go ...they said they won't pricematch in ternet prices ....and I can't exhange nor return my droid ( because I scratched it on the sides) so no to prcematch ..no to exchange, no to return ...jerks. :mad:

Will try price adjust in another best buy

NO vz corp do not match nor exchange when bought at bb
Try another BestBuy, just tell them "sears sells this phone for $149", demand a price match.

Upvote 0
Went bb in garden city ny with sears ad... no go ...they said they won't pricematch in ternet prices ....and I can't exhange nor return my droid ( because I scratched it on the sides) so no to prcematch ..no to exchange, no to return ...jerks.

you dont need to exchange or return it. You just need to have them price match. You can keep your phone and get the money back.

Upvote 0
Haha, awesome! Went to bb after work and I'm 52 bucks richer. No questions asked. Thanks OP:D
icon14.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones