• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

$55 Unlimited 4G LTE Data Promo

Yeah the 55 dollar plan gives you unlimited data text and call but there are a lot of stuff you have to pay extra for like gps, email ect so if you have that already its best you stay with what you have imo

True I have the $60 dollar unlimited but im gonna check with my boy tomorrow if I could have the same thing if I go down to the $55

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
That plan, and with the new LG Motion, (99 bucks after mir) would be a great starter phone, and plan, for anyone wanting to take the leap with Android and Metro. Too bad I'm moving to Mississippi, and there is no 4G coverage out there. Gave my Esteem to my mom, so she could enjoy a decent smartphone with 4G. C-spire wireless is the only company that I know of that offers 4G out there (It's deep in the booneys), but they won't start rolling out 4G until September. They are expensive too! An there prepaid sucks... :( So looks like I will be sticking with Sprint 3G for a while. Only reason I'm going out there is for a job offer I got. Metros getting all these good phones and I have to leave...

Upvote 0
yes there trying to get more people to buy there new 4g phones check the link below.

4G LTE - MetroPCS

Damn is this blax....Wat up BRO were you been?[/QUOTE]

What up mrPnut just been working alot lol but I be checking the forums still and for you guys who said you have to pay extra for gps, googles gps is free lol and you still get email lol.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
You might to call and check because I was going to change my plan to it from the old 60 dollar plan and the guy said I would still in up like 70 dollars a month to get email which is $5 and gps which is $5 and metro studio which is $5 and backup is $1 and insurance which is another 5 dollars so I think I'm sticking to this old plan I have which they no longer have no more

Yeah if I'm correct, you must have the old $60 4G plan with everything that only counts data when streaming music or videos because we don't have that anymore. But this plan is the best for you because this will include everything on our recent $60 4G plan which includes NO throttling or capping 4G speeds at all, email and gps (not sure how they're both $5 if you already have the $60 plan). Backup is indeed $1 and INS is $5. Plus the extended 4G coverage :D

Upvote 0
Yes I on the old $60 dollar plan which includes all that, the guy I talk to said if I change my plan to the $55 dollar plan I would be change a additional $10 to change it and would have to have all that back if I wanted it. I not saying it's not a good deal, just not good for me at the moment

Sure thing. You're speaking with a dealer right now ;) I'm sorry but we don't charge you anything for changing nor switching plans. All you need is a 4GLTE phone which I assume you have. The only thing you could be paying for are proration fees but that wouldn't be the case since you're lowering your plan. That's it :) I assure you this $55 plan has everything you have except the rhapsody and metrostudio, which alot of people don't use anyways lol email and GPS is all from google on your phone (free of course). This plan is just $5 cheaper with UNLIMITED 4G speeds no throttling unlike your current plan.

Upvote 0
Edit- while I was typing this my question was answered and posted above me. This forum rocks, they answer your questions before you finish typing your question lol

So I have the grandfathered $60 plan with Metrostudio which I never use. I'm wondering if I should go with this new $55 plan or not. If it's just losing Metro VOD and Metro GPS then I'd like to switch and save the extra $5 per month. I see stuff like loopt and pocket express and stuff that I'd never even used before listed on my current plan. Is anybody else with my plan switching or staying with the current one? Once I switch they're saying I can't go back so any help would be great.:thinking:

Upvote 0
I just switched. I tried to do it on their website but when I got to the last part it said my next bill was going to be $88 :( for some strange reason. So I called their customer service instead. The lady who helped me was great. She started to tell me what I was gonna lose and I told her I already knew what I was losing. She made the change for me and said my next bill would be $57 ($52+$5 insurance) then $60 thereafter.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones