• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

rharvier

Lurker
Mar 26, 2011
So I am in the market for a 7 inch tab. I really want to consume my media whether it be movies, music, games or ebooks. I ride public transportation to get to the office so I thouggt seven inches would be more comfortable. I would like an external card access, dwcent camera, and hdmi out. ICS should be either included or a legit upgrade coming. Right now lets say my budget is $300. I was looking at acer a100 or the samsung tab 2 7.0, but I'm hoping someone might have an alternative that I might have overlooked. Sorry if this looks like a wall of text. I'm typing this from my tiny optimus v phone.

Thanks, is there any other I should be looking at in that sort of price range?

You've had a look at what Argos, PC World, Currys, Maplin and Play have to offer? Seems like a very good deal for a 4.0 ICS device that has Google on it.

As I posted earlier this is a rather cheap Chinese tablet though, but as you're buying it from a reputable UK retailer and NOT from some Chinese vendor on Ebay, Alibaba, Taobao or whatever. You are protected by the Sale of Goods Act 1979...things like Satisfactory quality and Fitness for purpose. From what I've seen I'm quite sure there is no equivalent consumer protection law in China. :rolleyes:

Reactions: rowlers
Upvote 0
I have the Visual Land Prestige 7" and other than it not running Google Play, it's fine. I used the Amazon app market. The only thing I had to do it get the older Skype on it, because the latest doesn't seem to like Android 4.0 ICS. But I CAN Skype on this tablet with no trouble at all. For $129, it's a bargain!

Upvote 0
How do u like this?
Window N101 RK3066 Dual Core 1.6GHz 10.1 inch HD IPS Capacitive Screen Built-in Bluetooth Dual Camera aorund $239.99.
Frequency Dual core 1.6GHz
CPU Rockchip_RK3066
RAM 1G
Hard drive 32GB
Operating system Android 4.0
Maximum storage extension 32GB

Chinese wholesaler... Caveat Emptor. I do like they way they're compare it to a Sumsing(Samsung knock-off) tablet...

Avoid.

Upvote 0
TBH I think most of these <$100 Chinese ICS 4.0 7inch devices are very similar. Usually the battery life is rather poor, 2-3 hours. Can be buggy, my Ampe A76 is supposed to work with Huawei USB 3G modems, it freezes and have to hold down power-button to re-boot it. Reliability, the first two tablets I tried before the current one, one was stillborn(DOA) in the shop, the other one the touch screen didn't work properly. Screen viewing angles are rather poor, go any more than 20-30degrees off axis and it goes negative or extremely washed out.

Good thing with the Ampe though, it has most of the Google apps on it(no Youtube in China), and it's pretty much stock ICS as Google intended. Unlike some that I've seen recently.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones