• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

70 app limit on Hero (Sprint)?

yeah, the bottom line is that if you have anywhere near 70, you have tons of apps that you don't use. like I said I have over 80 apps
lets see...
I have Animal Translator (googles april fools joke)
beam reader (even though I'll probobly never have to read a pdf on my phone)
both Pandora and Last.FM (I don't need both)
dolphin browser and Opera mini (I don't need both)
and a bunch of games I don't play.
ect...

but in my day-to-day life I may really only use 10 apps
gmail, pandora, facebook, hootsuite, voice dialer, music, camera, opera, atk
and I probobly shouldn't be counting the preinstalled apps (gmail ect...) which would leave me with 5 apps that I actually use that I had to download.

the rest are unneeded and can be uninstalled.

anyway, has anyone experienced this on the Droid Eris? If not than the problem will almost definitely be fixed with the 2.1 update.

Upvote 0
Honestly, albeit if the Evo is released before, this won't stop me from getting the Hero over this Moment. That is one MINISCULE detail versus phone disabling glitches. Look at it this way: you may have a broken app cap at 70, but you don't have to pull the batteries out of your devices a plethora of times just to make out useable. As of the moment (shit, pun, sorry), I'm feeling a little shafted with this phone. It's almost more trouble than it's worth in scrap material at this point.

Upvote 0
Thank goodness I found this thread searching on "sprint hero force close reset". I was headed for my 3rd reset in as many months and wanted to avoid it if possible. Sure enough, when I got the ap count below 70 (66) and rebooted again, it came back to life. In my case, the number of aps is due to trying to benchmark multiple task managers, notepads, etc. to see which to keep. Lots of immature aps out there with functionality and UI deficiencies. And a few stellar ones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones