• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 9.png files???

Ok, so I tried following a guide I found and I put the black dots where I want them, but when it loads on my phone I just see the black dots, it doesn't actually stretch? What am I doing wrong? Thanks!

Well first of all i'm guessing you already put the guides on your png through 9 patch tool. You need eclipse installed and java in order to use it, I use eclipse galileo. Manup456 has videos on youtube which explains the whole process, so I'd recommend you search up his youtube username which is MrManup456.

Upvote 0
Huh? lol I put the black marks on in using the "draw9patch" tool. And it made the file. I ended up just changing it to a file that was wide enough for the screen. I was editing the pull down bar for the notification bar. Thanks man!

well you need to take out the black guidelines (black marks) which happens while you export the image by using eclipse

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones