• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A couple 2.2 questions

wags1992

May 3, 2010
Ok I forced my Droid to the 2.2 I dont really see any difference from 2.1. Speed seems the same and its still laggy. I have been reading to do a factory reset. How can I do this, and will I loose my apps and all my settings if I do this. Is there a easy way to keep the apps and settings or is it even possible. Next question, is there any word on when FRG22 will be available. Since I force 2.2 will I get a notification for the FRG22 update for OTA?

Is there a way to save all my settings and apps so I dont have to go through and download them all again.
titanium backup (in the market) will save all of that stuff (or at least everything i've tried to save). Most everything else you can always re-download. But yes...a wipe will lose everything. It's also ALWAYS a good idea to wipe if you're upgrading!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones