• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A noob who knows what he's doing?

Nikaido86

Lurker
Sep 22, 2011
So, I just got the Sanyo Zio earlier this month and after doing a lot of research on rooting for the device used z4root.

First thing I did after rooting it was install adfree since I hate ads. When I found that I was thinking, "OMG! I found an android version of AdBlock Plus or something close to it". It works pretty well. Haven't seen any ads on Pandora. Now I don't have to pay for Pandora to get ad free music (FYI: AdBlock Plus for Firefox does the same thing; don't know about the chrome version though).

Second thing I installed was Android Mate and got rid of the bloatware. Don't worry I backed up and checked your forum before deleting anything in that particular folder.

So, I guess that it's not really that I already knew how to do it, but knew how to Google well enough to get it done correctly.

I'm still looking through your forum to see which rooted apps are more useful, so don't post any here. Let me get used to the forum's search function.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones