• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help A silly Moment screen question...

Skatter

Jun 4, 2010
...is the lack of multitouch a hardware or software thing? And if the latter, does the Android 2.1 update (or various replacement ROMs if they exist) fix this?

Just curious! I'd love to get a Moment even with the bad things reported...since I see just as many bad things reported about the Hero as well after reading a lot of posts here. :/

Of course, if the stars align properly...I'd like to go EVO...but that's another story...

Thanks!

Sigh. Okay, next part of the question..does the lack of multitouch hurt the Android experience on the Moment? Or can you still double-tap to zoom and such? Keep in mind, I'm asking as someone who has only minimal experience with Android, and all that was gleaned from playing with a friend's phone for a whopping 5 minutes and poking at a couple at my local Sprint store. :)

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones