• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

A Truely free Tethering app that works?

I know there is PDANET but they dont let you get to a HTTPS site with the free version.

anything else?
Have you tried EasyTether yet?

I've been using PDAnet and hate that it wont let you on secure sites so I just downloaded EasyTether and it works everywhere. Plus it connects instantly from the computer unlike PDA where you have to switch it on from both the pc and phone.

Slightly O/T:
I'm trying my best to not have to root this phone, I did that with my Palm Pre and hated having to deal with the maintenance of unloading then loading apps, etc.... every time there was an OTA upgrade coming......is it the same with these Android phones?

Another words a pita to run a rooted phone?

If anyone could lead me to a thread with the pro's and cons, I'd appreciate it.....Ive just been avoiding it since there were tethering programs available thru the market....unlike my old Palm.

Upvote 0
Have you tried EasyTether yet?

I've been using PDAnet and hate that it wont let you on secure sites so I just downloaded EasyTether and it works everywhere. Plus it connects instantly from the computer unlike PDA where you have to switch it on from both the pc and phone.

Slightly O/T:
I'm trying my best to not have to root this phone, I did that with my Palm Pre and hated having to deal with the maintenance of unloading then loading apps, etc.... every time there was an OTA upgrade coming......is it the same with these Android phones?

Another words a pita to run a rooted phone?

If anyone could lead me to a thread with the pro's and cons, I'd appreciate it.....Ive just been avoiding it since there were tethering programs available thru the market....unlike my old Palm.

But Easy Tether wont let you use HTTPS as well or have you bought the full version

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones