• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To A video guide to rooting your DROID! EASY PEASY!

Great work vtothez. Every video worked great for me. Only had problems unzipping the Utimate Droid rom. Got the following error.

"ultimatedroid7.8-nandroid.zip: CRC failed in data.tar. The file is corrupt".

Currently researching to see if it's just me having the problem...

The zip file was corrupt. I found the original post. You may want to re-up and update your youtube sidebar :) Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Great work vtothez. Every video worked great for me. Only had problems unzipping the Utimate Droid rom. Got the following error.

"ultimatedroid7.8-nandroid.zip: CRC failed in data.tar. The file is corrupt".

Currently researching to see if it's just me having the problem...

The zip file was corrupt. I found the original post. You may want to re-up and update your youtube sidebar :) Thanks again!

seriously?!? crap where is the Original file I can upload it to my mediafire so that way everyone will be able to download it...

Upvote 0
On doing the Android backup, I loaded both programs that you mention, Droid Loop Helper and Terminal Emulator, but when I try to Get Tools I get and error message that says the content is not supported on this phone? Any ideas why. I have a Motorola Droid with version 2.01 and I have rooted it. I have the Superuser Icon at any rate

Upvote 0
Hey man so i have a few questions

For starters, great videos by the way. Easy to follow (the only trouble spot i see is the confusion of extracting the tools folder from GET THE TOOLS), really simple and straight forward. I love them.

So:

My brother has the Droid (im waiting for the HTC Incredible) but id like to root his phone for him as kind of a birthday present. (he knows what rooting is and would not be against it if i did, he actually would really love it).

My kind of game plan is to root it, create the nandroid back ups and all that, and hook him up with the latest Ultimate Droid ROM.

my questions are:

• Does having Windows XP change the process whatsoever?
  • I am first going to update my brothers phone too Android 2.1 firmware. Will this still be compatible with your videos, or will certain links need to be updated, ect.
  • Is the update.zip file literally up to date, and compatible with Android 2.1?
  • This will be the first phone i have ever rooted, i basically am wondering if, after having updated his phone to 2.1 regularly, i can still follow all your videos step by step with no problems be them a update requirement, ect.?
Thanks for your help and GREAT videos!!!

Also, if anyone else knows the answers to these questions, i would greatly appreciate hearing them :)

Upvote 0
Hey man so i have a few questions

For starters, great videos by the way. Easy to follow (the only trouble spot i see is the confusion of extracting the tools folder from GET THE TOOLS), really simple and straight forward. I love them.

So:

My brother has the Droid (im waiting for the HTC Incredible) but id like to root his phone for him as kind of a birthday present. (he knows what rooting is and would not be against it if i did, he actually would really love it).

My kind of game plan is to root it, create the nandroid back ups and all that, and hook him up with the latest Ultimate Droid ROM.

my questions are:

• Does having Windows XP change the process whatsoever?
  • I am first going to update my brothers phone too Android 2.1 firmware. Will this still be compatible with your videos, or will certain links need to be updated, ect.
  • Is the update.zip file literally up to date, and compatible with Android 2.1?
  • This will be the first phone i have ever rooted, i basically am wondering if, after having updated his phone to 2.1 regularly, i can still follow all your videos step by step with no problems be them a update requirement, ect.?
Thanks for your help and GREAT videos!!!

Also, if anyone else knows the answers to these questions, i would greatly appreciate hearing them :)

No XP is fine. Nothing will work with the 2.1 update. Still filming a video tutorial on it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones