• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root A2SD+ clarification - used ROM manager

So... I partitioned my SD card using ROM manager.

ext: 512, swap: 0

But it did *not* give me an option to choose between ext2/ext3. If I'm not mistaken FroYo needs ext3..? (Dunno Linux, sorry!)

Coming back... So - it erased everything, but my question is how do I know that partition has taken place?

I went to the device's settings and under the "storage" option, it reads memory card has 1.3-ish gigs left (it's a 2 GB card, btw. Class 4). So... Do I assume, the 512 MB will now be used for A2SD+, cache(dalvik, et al)2sd, etc.?

Furthermore, I have *not* run any command to force install to SD card. And following the partitioning, do I still press "move to SD card" while managing applications?

Thank you for clarifying!

Have a nice day.

1) No. The ext partition you make IS NOT SD. It is different. If you "Move to SD" you remove it from EXT and put it on the FAT partition. "MOVE TO SD" contradicts a2sd+.

All apps are on internal memory. a2sd+ moves the apps to ext including dalvik cache automatically. You do nothing

2) Yes, if it says "information unavailable" either:

a) You partition is broken and you need to redo the ext partition.
b) Your rom does not have a2sd+ on it.

Edit> reading another post, did you flash an RUU, then root that? You would need a custom rom with a2sd+ support.

If you haven't flashed a custom rom, if you want a good stock froyo rom...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=773997

You need the version 2 rom (with init.d). read the whole thread. He has an a2sd+ add on you can also flash

Upvote 0
All you need to do is flash it from recovery. You probably won't even need to do a data wipe.

Now you have custom recovery, take a nandroid (called backup in recovery) and you can always return to how you are now if you have any problems.

It will take you about 15 minutes and you can have the new rom and a2SD+

Just download the version 2 rom and the a2sd+ zips to your SD card, flash them one after another from recovery and boot. Should be fine.

Upvote 0
Download minitool parition wizard (free) on your pc. DO NOT use it to create partitions, but it will see what partitions is on your card, if you mount it via recovery as USB Storage.

If the partition is as small as it says, use the app to delete the partition and format the entire card as FAT32.

Then go back to rom manager and repartition.

Obviously again, make sure your SD contents are backed up on your Pc first.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones