• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

About to throw this LG Motion at the wall!!!

Ok so this is my first post, pardon if this has already been answered but I doubt it.. here is what happened. Well I was working on my brothers car and left my phone on his spoiler and he went for a test to see if everything was working OK. I forgot to take the phone off of there and noticed 15 mins later, I ran down the street and found it in three pieces (battery, cover, and main phone) the screen was cracked up and I could only see about 1/3 of the screen, about four days after that my screen stops working completely. So I ordered new parts (LCD, Digitizer w/ housing, and a extended battery for the hell of it). Once I got all the parts I took the screws out, but was stuck for a couple days w/ a stripped screw that eventually came out like cake when I tried on the day I put it together. So.. I took it all apart and got down to the digitizer and old LCD w/ old faceplate, I took the LCD out and put my new one in after cleaning the back of the LCD and are where it rest on, so after I put it together and was carefully done making sure not to break anything and have the ports connected all the way, I turn on my phone and to my delight I can see my screen again but knowing my luck it wasn't going to be that easy, so when the lock screen came up I tried to put my pattern in to my surprise it was unresponsive and I've taken it apart a couple times to make sure all ports and surfaces are clean, but still it doesn't work. I really don't want to have to go to a repair store and them charge me an outrageous price when I just bought these new parts so that it would work.

ALL HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Thank you and I hope so too, if that is it I might as well get a new mainboard than?

I don't know, just my thoughts, but you might be better off just going to Metro and spending $100 on an Alcatel OneTouch Fierce (or a bit more for one of their other 4G phones). It's a GSM 4G phone. It might be cheaper than buying parts to fix the Motion. I'm still using my Motion, but in a couple months I'll be getting my self a Motorola Moto G and using it on Metro's BYOD program. It's only $180 to $200 depending on whether you get the 8Gig or 16Gig version.

Upvote 0
my phone does this now from time to time. If im on it while its drizzling outside it would not move if i touched the screen after phone call. it has also happened when i dropped my phone from the couch. what i have had luck with is taking battery and sim out and leaving it for about an hour, if not try plugging it in and letting it charge fully. both of those options worked for me. It is quite annoying really thinking about switching phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones