• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Adb Sideload Problems :(

jschohan

Mar 4, 2015
So i've been trying for some time to push the new viper M8 update onto my phone, I don't have an sd card that can fit the file on so i'm having to resort to adb, i've got adb set up and running but i keep getting "cannot read file" when attempting adb sideload, I don't really know what's going wrong

So i've been trying for some time to push the new viper M8 update onto my phone, I don't have an sd card that can fit the file on so i'm having to resort to adb, i've got adb set up and running but i keep getting "cannot read file" when attempting adb sideload, I don't really know what's going wrong
Running latest TWRP and doing that from TWRP, Advanced?

Upvote 0
Not sure about the TWRP version but doing it from adb sideload in advanced in TWRP
OK, unless you've changed it, you're on TWRP 2.8.5 and you couldn't get adb sideload working last March, and went with an SD card.

Since then I've chatted with one guy who claimed that the adb sideload fix here is to not have security turned on in the adb usb driver.

I haven't been on a Windows machine in months, so you'll have to Google that to see if that makes sense.

Otherwise -

You flashed ViperOneM8 4.3.0 before - if it's an update (as opposed to the new test beta), have you tried doing an update from settings, About phone?

Failing an SD card, adb sideload, and an OTA, then your final option is an OTG USB cable and a USB stick formatted FAT32.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones