• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adding Slimport/MHL (HDMI Output) to my Phone

LukeM22

Lurker
Jul 8, 2019
I'm trying record/stream my phone's gameplay using an El Gato capture card. There wouldn't be an issue if my phone supported an HDMI output, but unfortunately it does not. I've looked into various mirroring applications that use USB and/or WiFi connectivity, but simply put, they all suck. I'm wondering if it's possible and practical to have someone take my phone apart and manually add this feature to my phone. If so, where could I get this done?

Thanks

I'm trying record/stream my phone's gameplay using an El Gato capture card. There wouldn't be an issue if my phone supported an HDMI output, but unfortunately it does not. I've looked into various mirroring applications that use USB and/or WiFi connectivity, but simply put, they all suck. I'm wondering if it's possible and practical to have someone take my phone apart and manually add this feature to my phone. If so, where could I get this done?

Thanks
no idea on that sorry. is it really that important that you are willing to take apart your phone?

why not chromecast you phone to your tv and have some kind of recording device record your tv.

Cast your screen from your Android device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones