• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Address book and Facebook synced, but still different?

cartisdm

Android Enthusiast
Jul 11, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Something weird I just noticed with my phone. I have a friend that texted me and his name, number, and facebook picture came up as expected. Later on when I went to call him, turns out he isn't in my "People" application. However, if I click the search button within the "People" app and look for his name he comes right up. If I open his contact info up, I can't add him to my contacts or anything like that.

Do "Facebook Only" contact not show in the People app? Anyone else notice this?

I noticed that when having multiple sources of information for a contact, the address book will consolidate all of them by linking, but Google won't save the information as one contact. So, when I went to check out a contact's info on google contacts, it didn't show updated information. I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about or not.

Maybe try manually entering your friend's name as a new entry and then link up the existing information with the one you just created? Not sure if this makes sense or not, feel free to PM me if it doesn't and I will try to help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones