• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root After Factory Setting Issue

Demi

Jun 21, 2011
Hi.. I just want to know if I try to reset my desire HD using factory setting it return to its original setup or not? all the application/games that I installed it will lost? Because I tried to install VISIONary+ on my desire HD but i failed twice and my phone got hang so i tried to restart and try again to temp root my phone but in temp rooting it will hang and the screen is blank... So i decided to uninstall visionary... but another reason why i want to reset my phone is because the VISIONary+ have a process when it hang so maybe there's a certain part that change while its processing the temp root.. so i want to reset my phone as a new setup.. so all the changes coming from VISIONary+ will gone also... is that possible... another things my current OS is 2.3.3 it will back to 2.2 froyo also after resetting? Thanks...

Regards,

Visionary doesn't work on 2.3 I believe, which is why this happened.

Factory resets actually just wipe user data, leaving you with a clean instal of your current firmware. So you'll still have 2.3.

By the sound of it, visionary won't have changed anything anyway.

Upvote 0
Hi ther Demi!

Hi.. I just want to know if I try to reset my desire HD using factory setting it return to its original setup or not?

It should do.

all the application/games that I installed it will lost?

Yes

Because I tried to install VISIONary+ on my desire HD but i failed twice and my phone got hang so i tried to restart and try again to temp root my phone but in temp rooting it will hang and the screen is blank... So i decided to uninstall visionary... but another reason why i want to reset my phone is because the VISIONary+ have a process when it hang so maybe there's a certain part that change while its processing the temp root.. so i want to reset my phone as a new setup.. so all the changes coming from VISIONary+ will gone also... is that possible... another things my current OS is 2.3.3 it will back to 2.2 froyo also after resetting? Thanks...

Regards,

Your problem is that you are trying to use Visionary to root a DHD that is already on Gingerbread. You can only temp root Gingerbread on the DHD, not perm root and it is done using CMD prompt lines, not visionary.

All is not lost... I think, but am not 100% sure (I know that there are many others in the DHD forum that will be able to confirm), that if you factory reset your phone, you should be ok. Then you will need to follow the guide's that are linked in this thread:
http://androidforums.com/desire-hd-all-things-root/

Come back with more questions once you've read all of tyhe how to's linked in El Presidente's thread! :)

EDIT - Xyro got in there before I had finished typing... you will be fine to factory reset!

Upvote 0
Am I right in thinking visionary couldn't even temp root 2.3, s off or not? I think gingerbreak is the only one that can.

From what I read, before GB went live to everyone, people were advised to get S-Off BEFORE upgrading as, without S-Off, only temp root was possible - I could be remembering this wrongly though! :thinking:

I do know (as I'm sure you already knew) that to root when on GB, you should downgrade to 1.32 and then root using visionary! :)

EDIT - Gingerbreak is the cmd promt stuff you need to do when downgrading, isn't it?

Upvote 0
From what I read, before GB went live to everyone, people were advised to get S-Off BEFORE upgrading as, without S-Off, only temp root was possible - I could be remembering this wrongly though! :thinking:

I do know (as I'm sure you already knew) that to root when on GB, you should downgrade to 1.32 and then root using visionary! :)

EDIT - Gingerbreak is the cmd promt stuff you need to do when downgrading, isn't it?

Think of it this way, gingerbreak is the gingerbread equivalent of visionary. Its the command prompt thing involved in downgrading, correct.

So yeah you're right about how s-off works, but I'm pretty sure visionary is incompatible with gingerbread, so it won't have affected the OPs phone.

Reactions: D-U-R-X
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones