• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ahh help please!

So i was trying to do a hard reset by turning off phone and holding volume down button. after i got to the screen i accidentally press recovery mode instead of clear storage. now its suck?! im i EFFED? please help. thanks!
I think you're going to have to be a bit more precise in the current condition of the phone, for anyone to actually give you advice.

Upvote 0
I wouldn't take out the battery just yet. First, what all messages/screens/actions has occured between when you accidentally selected recovery mode, and the caution triangle you are at now.

Also, Have you tried pressing ( but not holding ) the power button or menu button to see if there is a cancel/exit?

Upvote 0
Your in recovery mode lol, nothing to worry about at all. Just pull the battery if you can't shut it down with the power button. You should be able to do a factory reset via menu>settings>privacy then select factory data reset.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

This is spot on. You haven't done any harm yet. Just pop the battery. If you don't the next screen you go to is where you could create some problems for yourself if not careful. But even then, the most likely scenario would be wiping your phone back to its original specs.

Upvote 0
i dont think i adjusted anything. after last night i didnt touch the phone and this mornig i got a text and try to reply in landscape it will not go...now i notice it does it in the browser as well! man this sucks i knew i shouldn't have eff with the volume down + power combo! :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones