• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Airplane mode question...

Airplane mode will disable anything that is communicative to the outside world pretty much. Will it help your battery, some, but not much. 3G doesn't affect battery life.

Thanks for the quick reply. I found leaving 3G on drains the batery quicker than turning it off and I don't see a need to have it on if I'm not using the 'net or email push, etc but I'll leave it on a nd see how it goes. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I put a widget on my home screen to turn the 3G off when I'm not using it (and have Wi-Fi off all the time) and my battery life is now tolerable. What would Airplane mode do for me at thispoint? Does it disable SMS/MMS & calls as well?

I use airplane mode at work because my employer blocks cell signals and if I don't turn of communications it would kill my battery in about 3 hours because it would search for a signal constantly.

Airplane mode basically turns your phone into a fancy MP3/Video player, that does a few games too!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones