• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

alarm clock app that will power up phone?

Your friends phone is not an android phone im assuming?
This is not possible at the moment due to the way the phones internal 'BIOS' if you like works. What would need to happen is for the Android OS to talk to the phones BIOS to tell it there is an alarm set for a certian time. Then when you switch your phone off, the phones BIOS boots the android OS when it is time to sound the alarm.
Because android runs on many different devices made by many different brands it woud be quite complex to impliment.
There are many topics on this already if you care to take a read (use the search).
If it is battery power you want to save then you could just switch your phone to 'Airplane Mode' when you would normally turn it off (im assuming at night when you sleep).
When i turn everything off bar cellular antennae i only loose about 6% battery in 12 hours. With Airplane mode i loose 1% at most.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: oriald
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones