• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

pre alarm tone plays before chosen alarm song starts

bunnns

Lurker
Jun 29, 2023
I'm using the clock app that came with my android. all my alarms and timers play a loud tone when the alarm goes off, immediately before my chosen song plays. it's like a "bong bong bong bong" sound, then the chosen song starts. I have my alarms set to get gradually louder but it's useless when the loud bonging sound goes off first. I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

it's just called clock. it's the clock app that came installed on the phone. I just go into clock, click on alarm, click the plus sign, set the time, and hit save
That just sets up the alarm. how do you change the alarm sound? for me on my z fold 4, i can setup my alarm and then i can select the alarm sound i want. is the alarm sound toggled on or off?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
That just sets up the alarm. how do you change the alarm sound? for me on my z fold 4, i can setup my alarm and then i can select the alarm sound i want. is the alarm sound toggled on or off?
oh sorry lol it's automatically set to these default settings. if I click on alarm sound then the next screen comes up and I click on ringtone and then have the option to choose a different alarm sound.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230701_002932_Clock.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_002932_Clock.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20230701_003012_Clock.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_003012_Clock.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20230701_003028_Clock.jpg
    Screenshot_20230701_003028_Clock.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0
To remove the loud default alarm tone before your chosen song in the Android Clock app, open the Clock app, edit your alarm, and select "None" or "Silent" for the alarm tone. This will silence the default sound, allowing your chosen song to play without interruption.
hmm I'm not seeing a separate alarm tone from the ringtone. And when I click on ringtone there's no "silent" or "none" option. There's an option to turn on vibrate, as seen in the screenshots above

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones